Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung WA400PJHDWR/AA leveling issue

samsung leveling top loading washer dc error code dc

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 abccoy

abccoy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

I have a Samsung WA400PJHDWR/AA top loading washer.  I have had multiple issues with this unit. The most recent being that during a normal wash cycle, a dc error code appears around the 21 minute mark. The unit then stops and flashes the error code. The only way to complete the load is to turn the unit off, back on, and turn dial to spin cycle. I have read the manual and several things online about the dc code.  It suggests the unit isn't level.  Why then do I not get the error code when I turn the dial to the spin setting? As far as I know, only the front legs are adjustable.  I adjusted them to the lowest setting and the unit still leans toward the back of the unit.  Is the floor not level? If so, I can't fix that. I considered putting a board under the rear legs, but looking for a more suitable solution from people who are more knowledgable than me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

The DC code is unballance load, and there is a test for the hall sensor which is throwing the code.  The unit being level is important.  I'm not an expert here on the samsung washer trying to study the manuals we have here in our download section.  There is a way to get a free apprentiship for a month that will give you access to what I'm reading.

If this unit has four rods going down the side, one of them may be weak, and you need to replace them.  Not sure if samsung has the same problem.  The whirlpool Cabrios have this issue, as the unit gets older. 

I hope someone can lead you to how to get the manuals,  have you found the tech sheet in the machine?

I'll check back and see if you have gotten more help.

On the leveling problem you need to get it level, and use a level to check it front to back and side to side. 

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

Samsung does not put tech sheets in their machines.
Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

http://appliantology...g-presentation/

#5 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

Im still looking at this, is this a top load or front load model? the bundle does not show the machine picture.

#6 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Could be suspension rods. Could be hall sensor. See if the tub bounces when you press the center down hard and let go. If it bounces multiple times and doesn't dampen then you need suspension rods.

#7 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Thanks APPman. Got my answer and dowloaded the manual you put up, he has a unit with the hall sensor, correct? and it senses movement on the clutch or the motor?  It should be moving and if it doesnt sense movement it will throw his dc code.   I need to study up and leave room here for him to get his answer.   Trying to both help and learn.

#8 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Yes this has a hall sensor. It doesn't sense clutch movement. It senses the Rotor.

#9 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

i have seen alot of broken wire harnesses on these machine

#10 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

i have seen alot of broken wire harnesses on these machine

Good to know for future reference! Thanks.
Have studied these top loaders but haven't worked on one yet.

#11 abccoy

abccoy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback. I got the flu, so my washer issue got shelved for a bit. Feeling better, so back to the drawing board. It is a top loader. After I posted this, I took the back off of the unit to see if anything looked off. Granted I don't know much about the unit. Just wanted to see if there was anything obvious that would be causing it to be unbalanced. The unit is 14 months old.  I did several test loads, so I'm sure it isn't that we are loading the unit unbalanced with items. While I had the back off, I moved the tub around to see if anything was impeding it from moving freely.  I turned the front legs to their lowest setting and it still seems to tilt slightly toward the rear.  The top of the unit is curved/slanted by design, so using a level is pointless.  I put water in the tub to check if it was balanced, as I didn't know another method. I put the back panel on and pushed the unit back into place.  I ran a load and didn't get the error message. Not sure why, but we were able to run about 10 loads with no issues.  Two days ago, the error code came back.  When the error code appears, I can complete the cycle by turning the dial to spin.  Not sure why the unit spins fine on that setting, with no adjustment to the load.

I will try Appmans suggestion for testing the suspension rods.

Will also look at download. Just wanted to touch base and say thanks for the responses. Will post update shortly.

#12 abccoy

abccoy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I tried downloading this several times, but get an error 403 message. 

#13 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

You have to upgrade your membership to an apprentice to download any files.

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I tried downloading this several times, but get an error 403 message. 

Here's the link to upgrade your membership:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, leveling, top loading, washer, dc error code, dc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics