Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire FWT647GHSO front load washer

wont spin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cboone

cboone

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Gents,

My girlfriend has a Frigidaire FWT647GHSO front load washer. Dunno how old it is. By the looks, maybe 100, at least. In my experience with this beast (7 months or so), the main spin cycle has been so loud that house pets run for the deepest recesses of the house to hide and the occasional cop bangs on the door. I gotta admit the first time I heard it I headed for the closest door myself. Imagine standing on a runway under a 747 as it lands and you get it. Well, recently it started adding bangs and knocks to the racket. Sorta like someone threw a couple of 2x4 blocks in it. And now, peace and quiet. Ahhhh. Nice. Oh, but wait. That means the dang thing don't work no mo. The spin is gone on this creature. It still cycles all the way through as it should. Just won't spin. I don't like the bastage anyway so it seems to me a good excuse to get rid of it, but.... Have you guys got any advice? If you suggest the land fill, can you also include any info on detaching the thing from the dryer that rests on top of it? If not, I'll just throw the entire heap out in the street. Thanks for letting me rant/share.

Chris   

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,012 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

Bad bearing/broken spider. If the machine is pretty old,most likely not worth worth. You have to replace the entire rear half of the tub and most likely the inner drum as well. $$$$$$

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,641 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

More discussion on this failure and what to do about it here:  http://appliantology...asket-failures/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics