Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Front load W & D stack attack, What tool ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

When I was in Best Buy in Florida I noticed they were displaying front load full size in the stacked position.  That may be great for the customer and space, but not good for the Lone ranger repair man.  We will have to have help or a tool.

How can we attack the stack if we are a one man army, army of one.

What tools are availabe.  Seen some for ranges will they work.  What is your method.  I have not yet been attacked by a stack.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 zogman

zogman

Samanera

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke or nestle's quick

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

I carry a oven dolly . I just raise the wood platform up to the height of the bottom of the dryer and release the connectors between the washer and dryer . I then slide the dryer off the top of the washer and onto my dolly and roll it out of the way.

Hope this helps

#3 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have an oven dolly I made to work with unstacking the dryers. Its basically a table that I can set to any height with casters on it. I'll raise it up to where it would slide over the washer, then lean the dryer back and slip the table under the dryer. Then lean the dryer back forward and its sitting on the table able to be wheeled around out of the way.

#4 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

I saw a oven dolly, here on the sight. Do you have to have an assistant to put it on the dolly. I sort of see that you could lay it down strap it on the dolley and then lift it, or lowerer it and remove it without help. I also see on the service call an additional fee to stack and unstack dryers off washers. They are hard to get around in a confined space that most are in already. I actually think about having a service trailer big enough to just take them out and work on them in when the problem may require a bunch of dissassembly, and posible water leak or floor damage.

I was searching the net yestersday and found the POWER Mate hand truck, stair climber, they are probally very expensive. They would be great for me to load units I sell into the back of customers trucks, especially refrigerators. I dont have a load ramp or dock. Will put up a link later. Someone may have one already.

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

the only problem with a dolly is i see alot of stacked units in a space that is too small for a dolly

#6 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

When you use the dolly, do you have help rasing them up or can you do it by yourself by laying the dolly and unit down.  Would like to see some pictures of your made /modified dolly.

#7 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I use one of these, never had a problem in tight spaces.

http://www.alldolly....-down-standard/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics