Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Sport WFW8300SW00 wont finish diagnostic mode but thats not all!

WFW8300SW00 diagnostic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sk8man101

sk8man101

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budwiser!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Great forum btw!  I have whirlpool duet sport washer model wfw8300sw00 that gets stuck on the first step of the diagnostic run I do push the button to advance it but nothing.  This all started when the washer stopped with 3 min left in the spin cycle and the door stayed locked.  After several attempts to get it to run again and trying the diagnostics my self I called sears. The tech said it was the main control board and showed me the part.  I opted to replace it my self and save some money.  New control board is in and there is no change.  This is what happens, under any setting I can power it on, press start, and the door locks once and then it just sits there, no water filling, no spin, nothing the lights are on and the timer is on but not counting down. The exact same thing happens when I run the diagnostic test.  I do the 4 second push and release to start the test it stops at the same area, lock once then frozen.  I have also replaced the lock with same results.  Now for the interesting part! out of random I started the washer with the same result but unplugged it a plugged it back in with in about 5 seconds, then pushed start again, it works!  But not really, now it will go through the entire cycle count down and all.  Water fills and drains however, it never spins? does this mean that the motor is bad?  Or the motor control board? It will get down to 1 min left and the spin light is on but it never finishes and never unlocks.  Other things I have done include, check the plugs and adjust the contact points on the plugs. Inspected the motor control board for burns or loose items.  should I try a new motor?  or am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated.  I did buy this washer used but have had it for about a year with no other problems. 

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

Is the drain pump draining the water?

Test

#3 sk8man101

sk8man101

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budwiser!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Yes the drain works when I "trick" the washer by unplugging it and plug it back in after I have tried to start it.  It went through an entire cycle on the "quick wash" setting after it was tricked.  filled and drained I think 3 times in the cycle but the drum never turned.  I have never received an error code that indicated that the motor was bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WFW8300SW00, diagnostic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics