Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch vision 500 Washer wont' spin or agitate.

Bosch Codes spin diagnostic motor control

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Brilo

Brilo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Please Help!

I have a Bosch vision 500 washing machine (WFVC6450uc/29 / FD 9104/ 902348) with a 2 yr warranty that stopped spinning after 2yrs and 3mo.  I told my wife "I can fix that" and not to call the repair man.  She rolled her eyes and told me I have until Monday to fix it until the repair man comes.  So I have started my research and diagnostic work, but have run into a bit of a snag and have a few questions that I am hoping you Appliance geniuses can help me out with before I have to eat my words on Monday.

The washer will run, fill with water and pump water.  The door lock works and all electronic displays work.  No error message is displayed (until running the diagnostic test).  The only thing that is not working is the spinning/agitation of the drum.  There is no obstruction on the drum.  It spins freely in both directions by hand.  A wash cycle will start normally, but when the agitation stage comes, all is still for a few minutes the the drain pump starts and the cycle continues until spin stage when all goes still again.

Let me give a little back ground as to what I have done so far. 

1) Opened and cleaned the drain pump, also the sump leading to the pump.

2) Inspected belts and motor...all look brand new.  (slight belt dust and that is all.)

3) Ran diagnostic test and error code E09 and E20 came up and D10. which from the WFVC manual I downloaded from this site (thank you) I learned that the codes indicate

"No Communication between control and inverter" -- check wire harness

So I checked all wire connections to the motor from the motor control board and have traced the wires to the front control panel where all wires look plugged in and fine.

My next step is to use a multimeter to test the connections and motor for volts, amps, but I honestly have no idea how to use the multimeter on a washer or if that will even let me know where the "communication" is failing.

Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated...before my "pride" deadline on Monday.  Thank you!

Edited by Brilo, 25 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bosch, Codes, spin, diagnostic, motor control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics