Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest liesel7697

kenmore belt drive washer

28 posts in this topic

Is this washer the old belt type? If the wig wag coil pins are bent are broken it will cause the tranny to lock up. the wig wag coil has four wires going to it. it is actually an electric shifter that uses solenoids to raise and lower the pins on the cam bars (shifters).  You can buy a kit with the wig wag and new pins for about 20 bucks. I have them used. Reid

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have a similar, but opposite problem with a Whirlpool belt-drive wig-wag machine (Model LA588OXKNO).  My machine agitates and drains, but will not spin.  Does one coil activate spin, and one activate agitate?  If it is a bad spin coil (solenoid), should I be able to observe it fail to raise or lower on one of the cam rails?  (Maybe the left?  I think the right one shifts, but not sure about the left.)

If not the wig-wag, will anything else cause it only to not spin?  I have bypassed the momentary switch on the lid--I think--I have shorted the circuit closed to enable spin--right?

The left side coil is for spin, the one with the red wire going to it.  If that side is bad, you will not spin, but have to replace the whole control magnet.