Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WFMC3200 Intermittently stops P04 results in E:20 D:09 D:18

Bosch nexxt 500 Error code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DIYDidIDoItMyself

DIYDidIDoItMyself

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heady Topper

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hey team,

Any help would be appreciated. Our Bosch Nexxt 500 washer seems to stop without any rhyme or reason. A few times in the past, we've heard what sounds like a battle from Game of Thrones going on during the spin cycle. When we went to look, the washer had hopped three feet away from its original spot.

I didn't have much time but ran the P4 test and got these errors: E:20 (unbalanced load or faulty wire harness), D:09 (voltage too high/faulty motor control), and a D:18 (peak voltage too high/faulty motor control).

Sounds to me like...(wait for it)...it just might be a faulty motor control or wire harness, especially with all that jostling, could have caused harness connection issues.

Having said that, in any of your experiences, is it worth me running the rest of the tests? Is it possible that these could be errors that trip as a result of some other problem such as unbalanced loads or pump, etc.? Or am I pretty safe to trust the diagnosis and just order the new control and harness, pop them in and call it a day?

Any thoughts would be helpful. I'm just not sure how on point these errors are in diagnosing the problem. Looks like the cost from sears for new harnesses and motor controls will run me a bit over $300. Ouch!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,604 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

In case you don't already have it, here is the service manual for your washer:  http://appliantology...al-1st-edition/

Some other things to check:

– Make sure that the drums support shocks are in tact and, of course, make sure that the washer is on a stable flooring with all four footings making solid contact with the floor.

– Measure the resistance of the motor windings to ensure that all three windings are within one half on of each other. If the motor checks good and the flooring situation is good, then most likely your fault is with the motor control board: http://www.repaircli...0436461/1094535

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics