Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub Zero 590 I/M Whats UP..

Ice Maker

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 atcherservice

atcherservice

Master of Monkeys

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Greetings,

Replaces and I/M for 590 w/s# m1248207 first used a WP universal, seemed that the harness matched up but when I tested it no go allow 24 hours still no ice. I them replaced the IM with the proper SZ replacement as soon a it was plugged in to the harness, the I/M cycled and filled with water. I installed the I/m tried to jump t-h no go would not go through cycle. I assumed that the t-stat just needed to close, so I vfy 120V to L-N on the I/m all good, customer called back still not making ice.

1, is there an issues possibly with the harness?

2. when I jumped out t-h could I have shorted  the I/m/

3. I got voltage to the I/M is there a bin bucket switch that's going bad, seems to work fine but puzzled?

Any Sub guys run into this before?

Thanks,

Ken

At'Cher Service

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Doesn't add up... does this icemaker require the door to be closed and if so, could you have been accidentally hitting the switch when you tested for voltage and when the second IM, which must have already been in harvest mode or somehow the bimetal was already closed, started harvesting?

If the above is possible, then you either have a faulty door switch or your freezer temps are off. But I will defer to any subzero experts. This is certainly perplexing to me as well.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 27 January 2014 - 12:03 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Shut-off Arm down (Switch=ON) ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 danoam

danoam

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Ice bucket switch has to be closed for IM to work. The switch is on the auger motor housing. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Ice bucket switch has to be closed for IM to work. The switch is on the auger motor housing.

There ya go! Either you have a faulty ice bucket switch or temp problems... Thanks Danoam!

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

... so I vfy 120V to L-N on the I/m all good, customer called back still not making ice.

it would seem the Ice Bucekt Swicth and Door Switch are ON

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Find your water valve,......Up top near the compressors.........ALL  I/M switches closed.......Ice bucket,  System switch............. insert meter probes into the valve's  terminals / connector.............Run forced harvest on the I/M,.....voltage to the water valve at any time????......Fill tube blocked??????

#8 atcherservice

atcherservice

Master of Monkeys

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Well I assume the fill valve is ok because upon the install of the new sz ice maker the call for water was herd and seen. the bail arm is the old one that I adjusted to fit so that it would not hit the screw to the right seemed the bail arm was sitting funny. I do belive that that was an old wp im bail arm. The Ice bucket switch seemed ok due to the auger called and working. I did not get voltage to the water alve from line to valve on the I/m, and t-h would not cycle when jumped out. I assumed the valve was ok and t-h was ok due to the ice maker advancing. Will look at ordering a new bucket swith and bail arm to start, however in the past a water valve was replace out with in the last year, and a WP valve was installed. When I check the valve for power I did not seem to get voltage, but when It called if filled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics