Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

LauraC

Fisher Paykel GWL 11

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Well, we just fixed our FP dryer, now onto the washer!! GWL 11 washer. Makes horrendous noise during spin, and when we moved washer out of way  to fix dryer, discovered brown sticky goo sprayed in a circular pattern under washer. Guessing bearing? 

Need to find part and detailed instructions. Something about a special tool needed???? Any help appreciated!!

Thanks!

Laura

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Fisher Paykel bearing replacement tool P/N 502009 required for this procedure (may come w/instructions).

Will also need (2) bearings P/N 425006P, lip seal P/N 425009P, and a spacer P/N 425007.

(Replacement parts are relatively inexpensive, but the tool can run $150-$200)  Some techs are able to complete this repair without the tool, but it can be tricky.

Edited by PDuff

Good info, Brother PDuff, domo!

Fisher Paykel bearing replacement tool P/N 502009 required for this procedure (may come w/instructions).

Will also need (2) bearings P/N 425006P, lip seal P/N 425009P, and a spacer P/N 425007.

(Replacement parts are relatively inexpensive, but the tool can run $150-$200)  Some techs are able to complete this repair without the tool, but it can be tricky.

Another repair site I ahd also consulted said no special tool needed? Not trying to refute your answer, just trying to figure this out. I cannot find a source or picture of the tool. I can find the bearing/seal kits no problem. Where does a technician buy the tool? Also, I was able to get a great service manual for the matching dryer and fix it, ( photos and detailed instructions), but there does not seem to be one for the washer?? The service manuals I have found online do not even discuss how to replace the bearings or to check for trouble with them. I really want to fix this washer. My husband is very mechanically inclined and I read directions well. Just need info, tool and parts. Thanks for any help you can give!!!!

Oddly, the bearing replacement procedure isn't shown in any of the washer service manuals, though it may be located somewhere else in the depths of Fisher Paykel's Cool Blue World.

The bearing replacement tool may only be available from Fisher Paykel, although Sears Parts Direct shows a bearing listed with that part number for over $300 clams and in stock (don't believe it).  The tool basically consists of a threaded metal rod with small and large washers, and a couple of nuts.  It's used to properly remove the old bearings and tighten the new bearings into place.

Bearing replacement and illustration of the tool kit is in the GWL03 and GWL15 service manuals.  GWL11 manual is a supplement to accompany the GWL03 manual.

the bearing tool kit yes is useful

not having done bearing changes apart from 2 units , 1 which was fairly new and the 2nd was an old unit which the bearings had basically failed

the old unit didnt survive as i think the tub became damaged so was excess play and caused the rotor to rub on the stator

i personally think that you could easily do it using normal drift and hammer method as ou would do other bearings in cars etc

the bearings are nothing special and could easily be sourced at a bearing place , standard run of the mill bearings

you will also need the seal as well

i would pull it down first and check the shaft as you may need a shaft as well and thats pretty expensive

Can oyu send me the link to the GWL03 Service manual? Thanks!