Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL 11

Bearings?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LauraC

LauraC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hi,

Well, we just fixed our FP dryer, now onto the washer!! GWL 11 washer. Makes horrendous noise during spin, and when we moved washer out of way  to fix dryer, discovered brown sticky goo sprayed in a circular pattern under washer. Guessing bearing? 

Need to find part and detailed instructions. Something about a special tool needed???? Any help appreciated!!

Thanks!

Laura

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Fisher Paykel bearing replacement tool P/N 502009 required for this procedure (may come w/instructions).

Will also need (2) bearings P/N 425006P, lip seal P/N 425009P, and a spacer P/N 425007.

(Replacement parts are relatively inexpensive, but the tool can run $150-$200)  Some techs are able to complete this repair without the tool, but it can be tricky.

Edited by PDuff, 27 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Good info, Brother PDuff, domo!

#4 LauraC

LauraC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Fisher Paykel bearing replacement tool P/N 502009 required for this procedure (may come w/instructions).

Will also need (2) bearings P/N 425006P, lip seal P/N 425009P, and a spacer P/N 425007.

(Replacement parts are relatively inexpensive, but the tool can run $150-$200)  Some techs are able to complete this repair without the tool, but it can be tricky.

Another repair site I ahd also consulted said no special tool needed? Not trying to refute your answer, just trying to figure this out. I cannot find a source or picture of the tool. I can find the bearing/seal kits no problem. Where does a technician buy the tool? Also, I was able to get a great service manual for the matching dryer and fix it, ( photos and detailed instructions), but there does not seem to be one for the washer?? The service manuals I have found online do not even discuss how to replace the bearings or to check for trouble with them. I really want to fix this washer. My husband is very mechanically inclined and I read directions well. Just need info, tool and parts. Thanks for any help you can give!!!!

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Oddly, the bearing replacement procedure isn't shown in any of the washer service manuals, though it may be located somewhere else in the depths of Fisher Paykel's Cool Blue World.

The bearing replacement tool may only be available from Fisher Paykel, although Sears Parts Direct shows a bearing listed with that part number for over $300 clams and in stock (don't believe it).  The tool basically consists of a threaded metal rod with small and large washers, and a couple of nuts.  It's used to properly remove the old bearings and tighten the new bearings into place.

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Bearing replacement and illustration of the tool kit is in the GWL03 and GWL15 service manuals.  GWL11 manual is a supplement to accompany the GWL03 manual.

#7 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

the bearing tool kit yes is useful

not having done bearing changes apart from 2 units , 1 which was fairly new and the 2nd was an old unit which the bearings had basically failed

the old unit didnt survive as i think the tub became damaged so was excess play and caused the rotor to rub on the stator

i personally think that you could easily do it using normal drift and hammer method as ou would do other bearings in cars etc

the bearings are nothing special and could easily be sourced at a bearing place , standard run of the mill bearings

you will also need the seal as well

i would pull it down first and check the shaft as you may need a shaft as well and thats pretty expensive

#8 LauraC

LauraC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Can oyu send me the link to the GWL03 Service manual? Thanks!

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

This awwta git it fer ya:  http://appliantology...service-manual/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics