LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

rheem furnance repair

big_g62

rheem furnance model# rgeb-07ec-fs cant get 24 volts to gas valve.  ignitor lights but not main burners. replaced board and module still nothing. get 24 volts to board but not to module and gas valve. $400 in so far. help 

You have the answer right in front of you.....bad gas valve. If you are really are reading 24 volts at connector going into the gas valve.... then it is the valve.

To verify: unplug connector or both wires from gas valve . put your meter to the plug  or terminals ( not the gas valve) .

Start heater. you will read nothing until the hot surface ignitor has been glowing for 5- 20 seconds.

After the ignitor has been glowing for a bit you will get 24 volts ac to that connector for about 5 seconds, then it will drop off to 0  And the ignitor will also stop glowing. 

This whole prosess will happen 3 times and the furnace will then lock out and not do anything else . 

If this is what is happening , then it is the gas valve. 

Edited by ACtechGUY
  • Like 1

Wish it was that simple. Only getting 24 volts going into the board not coming out to anything so I replaced the board. Put meter on TH on the module and ground to the frame. When I start heater, at the right time, meter picks up 24 volts ignitor lites no flame so I changed module. Still no 24 volts to gas valve. Clicks like it ought to be sending it but not. So stll need help

You cannot test to ground . you may get misleading readings. did you test exactly as I described?

You have a new control board so that is not likely  the problem. problem is either the gas valve or the wiring between the gas valve and control board. 

Did test just like you said. Even applied straight 24 volts to the valve to ensure that it works. Its ok. Know that transformer works assume pressure switches work or I wouldn't have ignition. There's s little pipe coming from the gas valve that look like it should lite a standing pilot but it has an ignitor. What am I missing?

If you could post some pictures it might be helpful.

It sounds like you may have a unit that has an intermittent standing pilot. Do you have 3 wires to the gas valve? Labeled mv PV and mv/PV ? If so you are looking for 24 v between PV and mv/PV terminals when ignitor is glowing .

Please confirm if this is what you have. And we can go from there .