LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Maytag Herrin Platform Performa washer MAV408DAWW Service Manual

Scottthewolf

I know I should know this stuff like the back of my hand, but could somebody please send me the service manual for these machines.  I'm rebuilding one for an elderly customer who already went shopping for a new washer and we both hate all the new washers.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Scottthewolf

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottthewolf

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• fairbank56

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

The manual is in the Downloads section.  If you had searched, you would have had it yesterday and wouldn't have needed to even post and wait.  

Seriously?  No help??? I thought you guys were my friends

Friends don't let friends remain ignorant about searching...

Thanks.  What I forgot was how to disassemble and reinstall the brake assembly.  I had originally had instructions with the brake tool, but lost them.

Yesterday I went and replaced the brake assembly and the snubber because she complained that the washer walks across the floor. I had problems getting the suspension springs back on without the plastic spring tool.  I also had problems getting the brake assembly to go back together. 

She is still complaining about the machine going off balance and walking, and since I don't think the machine is worth  replacing the base and the suspension springs, I guess I am going to pick out a new washer for her. I am leaning to a Whirlpool VMW washer. I think the machine will oulast her because she's almost 90 years old.