Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

NF code ? on my samsung wf206bnw/xaa

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

6 yr old washer with no prior issues except for I replaced the drain pump 2 years ago. 3 days ago shortly after starting a load to wash the machine indicated code NF. Ive checked inlet screens, using traditional steel braided hoses. Have plenty of water , pressure entering the washer tub but I notice the drain pump is on continuously regardless of settings. Unplug machine doesn't help soon as you power it up and turn it on pump is on pumping out any water entering washer thus causing an NF code. Any ideas? Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

NonFunctioning....

Just kidding. All NF codes have to do with filling. Are there any numbers after the codes.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

NonFunctioning....
Just kidding. All NF codes have to do with filling. Are there any numbers after the codes.

Yeah Non functioning would make more sense. :) no numbers being displayed that ive seen. Its almost like something is keeping the pump running thinking its full needing to drain?

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

If the drain pump runs continuously there may be a stuck relay on the board sending voltage to the pump, then when you start the washer it just drains the water as it enters the machine and it faults out.
You would get an OE or an E error if the control thought the machine was over filling.
Try disconnecting the drain pump and see if it starts to run like it should. If it does, you know that the software in the board is not giving false readings, but rather constantly sending voltage to the drain pump.

Edited by Spannerwrench, 05 February 2014 - 04:30 PM.

"Suds are not good"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I never thought of that. Ive been attacking. The issue from a mechanical standpoint ( something stopped up ) ill try checking relay. Thanks again!

#6 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Will try to isolate the issue with the steps u provided! Thanks for your prompt reply. I will update once I check

#7 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

If the drain pump runs continuously there may be a stuck relay on the board sending voltage to the pump, then when you start the washer it just drains the water as it enters the machine and it faults out.
You would get an OE or an E error if the control thought the machine was over filling.
Try disconnecting the drain pump and see if it starts to run like it should. If it does, you know that the software in the board is not giving false readings, but rather constantly sending voltage to the drain pump.

Okay I Followed the steps above and yep with the pump disconnected the machine filled with water and started working like normal cycle. Which means a bad Relay? PCB Board? thanks again 

#8 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

OR COULD IT BE THIS ?  Part number: AP4209074

Part number: AP4209074

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 06 February 2014 - 09:08 AM.
Replaced unaffiliated part link with APP part link.

#9 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

I would think that it would not run like normal because if the control was reading that it was overfilled then it wouldn't run like normal.
"Suds are not good"

#10 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Oops your correct in that, however it was not ever letting the cycle begin due to the fact the pump was constantly tuning. So when I said normal I ment with the pump now out of the equation the machine fills with water and begins the cycle normal. The NF code was appearing less than 15 min after starting and with the pump unplug the washer ran until I turned it off with no errors. Any idea? Thanks again for all your help! !

#11 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

I belive if there was a fill problem of any kind, it would still fault out with the drain pump disconnected.
"Suds are not good"

#12 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Here's the Fast Track Manual that should cover your model.

WF206BNW/XAA
WF206ANS/XAA
WF206ANW/XAA

http://appliantology...le-part-1-of-3/

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 11 February 2014 - 09:06 AM.
Added manual to Downloads section.

"Suds are not good"

#13 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

agreed something is sending constant power to pump. now just got to figure out which part it is to replace . i appreciate your replies 

#14 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

great! thanks again 

#15 rtd2

rtd2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

still stumped...cant seem to pinpoint why pump wont shut off. Guess I'll try a new main board first 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics