Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rtd2

NF code ? on my samsung wf206bnw/xaa

15 posts in this topic

6 yr old washer with no prior issues except for I replaced the drain pump 2 years ago. 3 days ago shortly after starting a load to wash the machine indicated code NF. Ive checked inlet screens, using traditional steel braided hoses. Have plenty of water , pressure entering the washer tub but I notice the drain pump is on continuously regardless of settings. Unplug machine doesn't help soon as you power it up and turn it on pump is on pumping out any water entering washer thus causing an NF code. Any ideas? Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

NonFunctioning....

Just kidding. All NF codes have to do with filling. Are there any numbers after the codes.

NonFunctioning....

Just kidding. All NF codes have to do with filling. Are there any numbers after the codes.

Yeah Non functioning would make more sense. :) no numbers being displayed that ive seen. Its almost like something is keeping the pump running thinking its full needing to drain?

If the drain pump runs continuously there may be a stuck relay on the board sending voltage to the pump, then when you start the washer it just drains the water as it enters the machine and it faults out.

You would get an OE or an E error if the control thought the machine was over filling.

Try disconnecting the drain pump and see if it starts to run like it should. If it does, you know that the software in the board is not giving false readings, but rather constantly sending voltage to the drain pump.

Edited by Spannerwrench

I never thought of that. Ive been attacking. The issue from a mechanical standpoint ( something stopped up ) ill try checking relay. Thanks again!

Will try to isolate the issue with the steps u provided! Thanks for your prompt reply. I will update once I check

If the drain pump runs continuously there may be a stuck relay on the board sending voltage to the pump, then when you start the washer it just drains the water as it enters the machine and it faults out.

You would get an OE or an E error if the control thought the machine was over filling.

Try disconnecting the drain pump and see if it starts to run like it should. If it does, you know that the software in the board is not giving false readings, but rather constantly sending voltage to the drain pump.

Okay I Followed the steps above and yep with the pump disconnected the machine filled with water and started working like normal cycle. Which means a bad Relay? PCB Board? thanks again 

OR COULD IT BE THIS ?  Part number: AP4209074

Part number: AP4209074

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Replaced unaffiliated part link with APP part link.

I would think that it would not run like normal because if the control was reading that it was overfilled then it wouldn't run like normal.

Oops your correct in that, however it was not ever letting the cycle begin due to the fact the pump was constantly tuning. So when I said normal I ment with the pump now out of the equation the machine fills with water and begins the cycle normal. The NF code was appearing less than 15 min after starting and with the pump unplug the washer ran until I turned it off with no errors. Any idea? Thanks again for all your help! !

I belive if there was a fill problem of any kind, it would still fault out with the drain pump disconnected.

Here's the Fast Track Manual that should cover your model.

WF206BNW/XAA
WF206ANS/XAA
WF206ANW/XAA

http://appliantology.org/files/file/661-samsung-washer-fast-track-manuals-bundle-part-1-of-3/

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Added manual to Downloads section.

agreed something is sending constant power to pump. now just got to figure out which part it is to replace . i appreciate your replies 

great! thanks again 

still stumped...cant seem to pinpoint why pump wont shut off. Guess I'll try a new main board first