Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kennmore oven door

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_rowroe_*

Lurker_rowroe_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

Replacing the iginator I removed the oven door by pulling up on the door when it was at the stop near the close--I am having a very difficult time getting the door back on . I can not seem to get the hinges to lock back in place

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

With out a model number we'll take a stab at this.   I assume you pulled the door off and the hinges stayed with the cabinet.  Take the hinges and pull down on them and see if you have two holes that will line up when your pushing down on them.   If you do insert a small cotter-pin or screw in the hole to keep them in the down position.  You could possibley have two clips on the hinges that will do the same thing.  With the hinges down,  see if you can replace the door.   Be carefull not to get your fingers crushed....Ron

#3 Lurker_rowroe_*

Lurker_rowroe_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

the hinges are attached to the door and are shaped like double hooks. I place the hooks inside the cabinet slots and try to get them to hook the pin inside the cabinet but the door needs to slide down onto the pin. When I removed the door I did it with the over door slightly open as if broiling but the hinges will not stay in this position when trying to reinstall the door. I am at work so can not get any model # at this time

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:56 PM

You have a little metal stop that turns around to stop the hinge from closing all the way.

You should have lowered the door to full open position, turned the little tab on each side to block the hinge slot, then let the door close as far as the stops will allow and then remove the door.

You will now need to pull the door hinge down by hand and turn the little clip thing, then you will be able to reinstall the door with no problem.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics