Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Icemaker not working after a move. Frigidaire FGHB2844LP7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 motonotary

motonotary

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Whatever is in the kegger in the garage...

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hi all,

Our newer Frigidaire is acting up after a move. It has the freezer on the bottom and the icemaker is in the  upper refrigerator portion. Prior to moving the fridge, we turned off the icemaker and removed the ice. The doors were removed when we first got it to the new house but the lines were not disconnected. When we first moved there was no water supply line available so the icemaker was left off. A few weeks later, I installed a water line and hooked the fridge up. The water dispenser is working fine and we did purge it for approximately 10 big cups of water. When the icemaker was turned on it sounded like it was working, ie. making the right noises. It made a small amount of tiny ice cubes but didn't make any more. Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Check the icemaker fill tube for an ice restriction.  Even after purging the reservoir at the dispenser, enough air may have been introduced into the icemaker supply line to cause a trickle of water into the fill tube, which may eventually freeze solid.

#3 motonotary

motonotary

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Whatever is in the kegger in the garage...

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the reply PDuff. I was thinking it might be something like that. I just removed the tray and the first two covers and couldn't see any fill tube. I'm assuming it is located above the tray somewhere. I didn't want to go any further(and likely break stuff) without a schematic or guidance. I am assuming again, that I need to remove the tray assembly to get to the fill tube. Any ideas where I might find a drawing or instructions??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics