Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

motonotary

Icemaker not working after a move. Frigidaire FGHB2844LP7

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Our newer Frigidaire is acting up after a move. It has the freezer on the bottom and the icemaker is in the  upper refrigerator portion. Prior to moving the fridge, we turned off the icemaker and removed the ice. The doors were removed when we first got it to the new house but the lines were not disconnected. When we first moved there was no water supply line available so the icemaker was left off. A few weeks later, I installed a water line and hooked the fridge up. The water dispenser is working fine and we did purge it for approximately 10 big cups of water. When the icemaker was turned on it sounded like it was working, ie. making the right noises. It made a small amount of tiny ice cubes but didn't make any more. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check the icemaker fill tube for an ice restriction.  Even after purging the reservoir at the dispenser, enough air may have been introduced into the icemaker supply line to cause a trickle of water into the fill tube, which may eventually freeze solid.

Thanks for the reply PDuff. I was thinking it might be something like that. I just removed the tray and the first two covers and couldn't see any fill tube. I'm assuming it is located above the tray somewhere. I didn't want to go any further(and likely break stuff) without a schematic or guidance. I am assuming again, that I need to remove the tray assembly to get to the fill tube. Any ideas where I might find a drawing or instructions??