Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dishwasher - Model # 16639000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jetsmell

jetsmell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

When I turn on the dishwasher it will run for about three minutes then shut off. The only way to get it to run is if I start all over again, but once again it will only run for about three minutes then it stops. If I wash the dishes in the sink, water some how gets into the dishwasher, not much , but some. There is also a rotton egg smell that goes along with the water. I am open to any ideas and thanks in advance for your help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm not a dishwasher expert. I was just thinking about water draining back into the dishwasher while doing dishes. Have you looked at your drain line yet? I believe they are supposed to have a high loop in the drain line. I'm assuming that helps with the draining back. When my buddy installed my dishwasher he said to check the loop periodically to make sure it hasn't slipped down. All he did was take a wire tie or zip tie and hook the pipe up higher than where it hooks into the drain. You may need to clean your sink traps or dishwasher drain hose is a bit clogged causing the rotten smell. Like I said I'm no dishwasher expert yet, but I figured I would share my thoughts since no one has answered yet.

Edited by BryanS, 11 February 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

It appears you are missing the 665 at the beginning of your model # as well.

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I've always liked this dishwasher.  The wash motor is hard to kill and usually don't have much problem evacuating the water unless the check valve (connecting the drain hose to the motor) gets restricted.

If the unit shuts down after starting the wash cycle, it might be a voltage issue.  Check the power box located behind the bottom access panel, lower right side.  See if the power cord connections show any sign of damage or looseness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics