Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Oven (JTP14WV2WW) F2 error

GE F2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linust

linust

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hefeweizen

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

70 minutes into a 2 hr self clean cycle, F2 error (Oven Over Temp).

Oven does not appear to be over 990*F (spec limit for sensor error)
Lock circuitry operating properly (locks when cycle starts, unlocks when cool)

Band Sensor?  Circuit reads 1048 ohms at room temp, 2450 ohms when the fault occurs (spec is 1100 and 2600).

These are at the ECR connector, so implies no issue with sensor wiring or connectors.

Component compartment (where all the electronics, cooling fan, lock and switches are) hits 215*F when the fault occurs.

I could not check if the Thermal Limit Switch was open or closed, but all behavior is that the switch has opened--alarm sounds until compartment temp drops to 190*F. Switch specs are to open at 225*F and close at 190*F...Does the component compartment get so hot during cleaning that is a 10*F shift in the switch is enough to cause a fault? Anyone know the design spec on temperature in the component compartment during self cleaning?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Check cooling fan operation, had one of these where the fan blade was stuck. Same symptoms.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#3 linust

linust

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hefeweizen

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Check cooling fan operation, had one of these where the fan blade was stuck. Same symptoms.

Should have mentioned...yes, fan is operational.  Goes on around 150 (going up) and off about 110 (going down)

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,983 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Self clean is a feature universally condemned by experienced techs because of the damage it inflicts on a range. Every time you run it, you effectively reduce the longevity of the board, sensors, circuits, insulation etc. Because of this and if your error only occurs during self clean cycle, the best advice would be not to run the self clean cycle and be thankful no further damage occurred.

If you still intend to repair it, check to see if your mainboard is exposed to the extreme heat... if so, there may be a venting problem directing heat to the board or insulation problem preventing heat from affecting the board. If not, you may need to replace the board.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 13 February 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics