Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHU53, Dishes not being cleaned properly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 homefixitguy

homefixitguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

I have a Bosch SHU53 model dishwasher that for the most part has been fairly reliable  (other than my go arounds with the 11A heater connection on the PCB), however just in the last couple of months the cleaning has gone down hill.  First it started gradually by not getting everything clean and food stuff was being baked on.  I then started rinsing everything by hand before loading and using the scrub cycle.  That helped but now a white film and residue appears on all the dishes and it's seems to be getting worse making the wife quite unpleasant.  I do have hard water, use Cascade powder and keep the RinseDry loaded, one item to note and that is that I have always noticed that at startup I'll get a burp of water (couple of tsp.) out the air gap, just enough to leave a little ring of water on the sink.   I regurally pull the gap cap off and verify that debris isnt plugging it...

Ran the diagnostics test and have a 1in the window, Aqua sensor, however what I understand that doesn't have any effect on washability.  

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Make sure if using Cascade it is Cascade Complete. Dark Green box. Google government/phosphates and learn more. Remove that round filter on the bottom of the dishwasher and make sure it is clean. Also be sure to purge faucet at sink and confirm hot water before starting cycle. Likely others here will offer ideas but these are the obvious basics.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Are making one of the three deadly dishwasher mistakes?  http://appliantology...asher-mistakes/

Is the dishwasher pumping out completely between cycles?  

Have you scrubbed the coarse and fine filters?  Even a little occlusion of those tiny holes will starve the wash impeller and produce poor cleaning results.

#4 homefixitguy

homefixitguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

UPDATE:

I think there was more then one contributing factor to the problem.  I had ran a bottle of "Glisten" a few months earlier to remove the white calcium sheen that was building up inside on the walls of the washer.  That must have started the chain reaction. The bottom flat screen underneath had huge chunks of the white stuff stuck to it and had to be literally scrapped off and the micro-screens seemed to be half-way clogged as well.  I performed a thorough  cleaning of all the sprayers, flat screen and bought a new mirco-filter.   I found this stuff called "Lemi-Shine" booster that I ran along with the Cascade complete baggies while I waited for the new screen to arrive, 100% improvement.  That told me that it was mainly the soap that had changed and not so much that the washer was just old and needed replacement.  Anyway with the new screen and the booster the dishes come out cleaner then ever! The wife is happy....I am happy...thanks for the help! 

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics