Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHV4303 broke - Is it worth fix'n?

bosch SHV4303

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 motobier

motobier

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Freee Brew!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Looking for some advice regarding an old Bosch SHV4303, the dishwasher does not fill with water and the motor is loud.  Is this the type of quality dishwasher which is worth fixing so I can maybe get another 15 years out of it?  I've obtained a copy of the troubleshooting manual and have diagrams, which helped with initial checks, all ohm checks are good and the water flow pipes are all clear.  Should I continue troubleshooting or call the firing squad? Thanks in advance for your comments!  MotoBier!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I cant speak for the quality of bosch because I haven't worked on one. I will say most people ive asked about them seem to be happy with them. Is the humming coming from the water valve. If you getting water to the valve and nothing coming out of the water valve with the valve humming away like its trying to fill. I would venture to say it's a bad water valve. It's a $36 part if that is whats needed. I would verify voltage to the valve just to be sure.
http://www.repaircli...0425458/1105846

Edited by BryanS, 13 February 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#3 motobier

motobier

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

Thanks BryanS - I'm pulling the washer out this afternoon.  Will check power to the valve.  I've already done the ohm check, was good.  Then if power is good I'll pull apart the valve to just check out the insides...always cool to see how things work.  I'm thinking I'll end up replacing the valve.  Thanks for the response and assistance! MotoBier! 

#4 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

No problem. I like disassembling old parts to see how they work. I mainly worked refrigerators but a water valve operates the same on most appliances. I imagine you could just pop your breaker and then unhook the water valve connector hookup you leads, then.restore power. Instead of pulling the whole thing out. I'm not sure how accessible it is from the front. My Maytag at home looks pretty well accessible that way. I only helped one guy on a bosch dishwasher, but he didn't really need me. I watch anyway as he changed a drain pump I think :)

#5 motobier

motobier

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

I've had this dishwasher out a few times replaced door seal and did some cleaning behind it.  Simple to work on, just normal appliance, pay attention to how it comes apart then reassemble with hopes of not having too many left over part...fun times! 

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

What I know to be true about Bosch Dishwashers: The average age is about 10 years old when we work on them.  Compared to Frigidaire, Whirlpool, and the occasional Maytag, which are about 5-7 years old.  The Samsungs and LGs tend to be 5 or less years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics