Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Top Loader 110.27082602 continuously beeping

Kenmore beeping washer top loader

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim de Vries

Jim de Vries

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Loader continuously beeps while running a cycle.  In fact it even sporadically beeps while not in a cycle.

I've had to unplug it from the wall in order to have some peace and quiet when not using it.... weird.

Model #: 110.27082602

Serial #: CT3371347

This phenomena started about 3-4 months ago and has been getting progressively worse.

My wife also mentioned that she has seen it throw an "F2" error.

Other info that may or may not be related:

I have a Wolf SO30 F/S oven which also beeps sporadically.  Running a self diagnostic on it reveals a "keyboard error"

1. Any idea where I would find a service manual?
  2. Any idea what the problem part is?
  3. Any idea what the rood cause is?

Thanks for your help in advance

Jim

Edited by Jim de Vries, 16 February 2014 - 12:44 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Unplug the washer and open the Control Panel. Inside, you'll find the tech sheet. The tech sheet will explain what the F2 error code means and prescribe some tests for you to do. Go ahead and do those and then report back what you find.

#3 Jim de Vries

Jim de Vries

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Unplug the washer and open the Control Panel. Inside, you'll find the tech sheet. The tech sheet will explain what the F2 error code means and prescribe some tests for you to do. Go ahead and do those and then report back what you find.

OK, I opened the Control Panel up but there wasn't any documents inside.

Now what?

Edited by Jim de Vries, 16 February 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

OK, I opened the Control Panel up but there wasn't any documents inside.

This means the machine has been worked on before and the sleazebag stole the tech sheet.  Here, you can borrow mine, just be sure to return it!  http://appliantology...her-tech-sheet/

F2 is a problem with the touchpanel, probably one of the keypads is worn and intermittently makes a short imitating it being pressed.    You'll probably need to replace the touchpanel Part number: AP3890531

Part number: AP3890531

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

x2 on replacing the keypad but for future reference the tech sheet is inside the cabinet, top left corner when looking at the front of machine

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

for future reference the tech sheet is inside the cabinet, top left corner when looking at the front of machine

Domo, sh2, I can never keep up with all the various tech sheet locations in the different machines.  

#7 Jim de Vries

Jim de Vries

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

This means the machine has been worked on before and the sleazebag stole the tech sheet.  Here, you can borrow mine, just be sure to return it!  http://appliantology...her-tech-sheet/

F2 is a problem with the touchpanel, probably one of the keypads is worn and intermittently makes a short imitating it being pressed.    You'll probably need to replace the touchpanel Part number: AP3890531

Part number: AP3890531

I don't think it's the touchpanel/Console (Kenmore p/n: W10034420; Appliance Parts Pro p/n: AP3890531) as it's just mechanically depressing the buttons on the Control Panel (p/n: 8564392) and I do not see any electronic connection between the Console and the Control Panel.

I'm more than willing to be wrong though.

I did notice some oxidation film on the back side (only) of the Control Panel PCB which I cleaned up with a bit of vinegar (very small amount) and and toothbrush (rinsed with distilled water and dried completely) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

The more I think about it, I believe that there is likely this same oxidation in one of the actual pushbuttons which could be causing the contact to be made.

I think I will order a new Control Panel however in the mean time i merely clipped the SPKR V+ trace on the back side of the Control Panel PCB to shut it up for a while.

Wife's happy now!!! :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I'll keep you posted.....

Thanks

Edited by Jim de Vries, 16 February 2014 - 11:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kenmore, beeping, washer, top loader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics