Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Help! Need to re-calibrate temp. in old Caloric digital electric range

Sensor thermostat digital caloric range electric calibrate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hyperlexis

hyperlexis

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hi there!  Can someone please help!  I have an ancient (1987) Caloric electric range, model ERR-389.  It is a combination "ME" range that microwaves and cooks in the same oven cavity.  Very space age and rare and I want to keep it working if possible.... 

Anyway, the oven seems to be off by about 20-30 degrees lower than what it's set at.  It seems more accurate at higher temps, but at lower temps it's really off in its calibration.

The problem is that the digital low temp oven sensor 'thermocouple probe' (Part 0064074 or Y0064074) is NLA from everyone I have checked with, and I have no clue whether it is possible to manually adjust the calibration on this thing.  (The oven also has a separate, high-limit, bulb-type thermostat that somehow separately controls the self-clean cycle).  The range has a digital glass touch control panel that controls the oven and also the electric burners.  It does not seem to have any built in diagnostics, however (it doesnt show error codes, etc., like new digital ranges do).

Is there some way to re-adjust the range temperature?  The owner's manual says nothing about re-calibrating the temp.  Is there a screw somewhere to turn or is there something like a jumper pin on one or more of the control boards behind the control panel, or down on one of the other relay/CPU boards located below the oven? (There are about three or four separate relay boards in this this thing).  Or possibly a special combination of key presses?

Or is the only way to fix this to get a new sensor?  And how can I do so if it's NLA....

Finally, is the sensor even truly broken or is this temperature inaccuracy actually considered 'normal'.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm having trouble with that model number.  With that age unit with an electronic oven control, calibration may or may not be possible, especially if it's not addressed in the use and care guide.

#3 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

what does the sensor ohm out at room temp? If its around 1170 ohms or so, then its probably a standard oven sensor. Back in the day there was only one sensor for all of the erc ranges that I know of.Check out the sensor ohms and get back to us. a photo would be nice too if possible.

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Repairclinic sez................Out -of-stock......They will have that P/N in, if ordered by 3/21 to get by 4/2.................check before ordering.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sensor, thermostat, digital, caloric, range, electric, calibrate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics