Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Got my AllDolly

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Just received my AllDolly today and I must say that is one fine piece of equipment. Precision made, very clean, and very sturdy. I am looking forward to that Bosch hinge job later this week to try it out.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

The AllDolly is a must, even for companies with multiple techs.  It will pay for itself in the first few jobs.  It's a little tricky for units that are caddycorner or against a wall, but still well worth the investment.

#3 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

It is a great tool!  I went for the tall break down model and it works well and stores easy.

#4 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

I went for the standard tall version. Folded up it doesn't take up too much space and looks like it will fit right up against the van wall.

#5 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

I keep procrastinating, and then every time I run into a wall oven I wish I had it.  I'll order it tomorrow.  ;)

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

#6 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

I keep procrastinating, and then every time I run into a wall oven I wish I had it.  I'll order it tomorrow.  ;)

The bad part is, as far as I could tell there is no competition!  I searched for alternatives and found none.

#7 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

So how you liking the all dolly? I'm thinking of buying one just not sure how use full it will really be. Worth the cash?

#8 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I have used it about 7 - 8 times now. The first time you are on a job alone and need to get to a thermal fuse on the back of a wall oven it has paid for itself in my opinion. I went ahead and got the tall alldolly, helped me get a stacked dryer off. I know it is expensive, but I would definitely recommend everyone buy at least one of these. I thought about getting the one that breaks down, but the tall version folds up and fits right up against the wall of my van perfectly. Doesn't take up much room at all.

#9 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

So how you liking the all dolly? I'm thinking of buying one just not sure how use full it will really be. Worth the cash?

I think it's worth it.  If you operate solo there really aren't any alternatives if you have to pull a built in oven or unstack a dryer (tall model will do this).  As mentioned above I have the breakdown tall model with the optional plywood shelf and I carry it in my Honda Fit at all times.  You never know when your'e going to be surprised with a stacked dryer or an add-on call for an oven.

#10 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

So do I purchase the dolly or go to boot camp?  :tongue:

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#11 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

I think the boot camp will be more useful in the short and long run.  Knowledge will always trump strength.  Customers will be understanding when you tell them you need a second set of hands for the wall oven or stackable dryers.

#12 nolazach

nolazach

Ikkō-ikki

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Canebrake

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

I still use brute force on stack dryers and never had a problem.  But I have turned down a few oven jobs because I didn't have an all dolly.

The only thing keeping me from it, is that I think the price is high for what you get.

#13 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

I know the AllDolly don't look like much, Brother nawlins, but it's worth it.  And you're gonna need it come November for those lucrative wall oven repairs.  Charge accordingly, and it will pay for itself.

#14 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

I'm still debating on getting one. Just had 2 stackable I could have used it on instead of my wife.

#15 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Momma's homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'd go for it am97. It sounds like an easy sell to the Mrs.

Edited by beam current, 28 June 2014 - 03:32 AM.

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

#16 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

I built my own out of wood, a good set of casters and ratchet straps, in the slow part of the winter. Built the bottom platform with four mortises(square holes) for the uprights.  Put dadoes in the uprights every few inches, from about 6 inches to about 40 inches (not exact dimensions). Used 3/4 inch particle board for the top platform, ( It was a scrap piece from Menards, $5.00, A good stiff plywood would be good. The ratchet straps hold it all together good and tight. tested it with plenty of weight. it is strong.  I've only needed it a few times, but it works great. Easy to assemble and disassemble. Takes up about 3ftx3ftx6" of space. I do not carry it unless I need it.  Easy to move around and stable. Cost was under fifty dollars plus time. The biggest time drain was cutting the dadoes, but it did not take that long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics