Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire dishwasher GLD4355RFB3

Washibility heater water level

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

I have a problem with this Dishwasher why it is not filling up to the heater calrod.   It barely fills above the floor of the tub leving the heater high & dry.

The heater does not get hot at all either bad heater or open limit.  My main concern is to get it full of water.   The fill cycle is on a timer is it not?   The over fill switch opens & closes but water does not even touch it.

I found the tech sheet in the door, tried to put the machine into diagnostics, it won't go.   I have no error codes in the LED.   I have no lights on control panel until I shut the door, ie.  Push a wash cycle with door open does not light, push a modify does not light, push start does not light, shut door & it cycle buttons light up, unit will fill, then wash.

Still hung over with flu so I probably don't have a clear mind,  or that's what I am blaiming.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

How was the water pressure going to the dishwasher? I imagine it would be on a timed fill. Dishwashers aren't my specialty though.

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Pressure seemed OK at the kitchen faucet.  Did not have my pressure guage that I hook up to an hose type faucet with me.  So I don't know for sure.  Crossed my mind though that the pressure was low.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I thought I remembered reading something about it should be above the heater within 2 minutes of filling. My Maytag starts the wash cycle just under 2 minutes. Don't dishwasher water valves have a screen in them? Possibly clogged up? Never worked on one yet. I just saw your post all alone with no replies so I thought I would give it a shot :)

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

dA THE INLET VALVE,  wHAT A DUMMY.    Still have the problem of not entering diagnostics.

Thanks Bryan  if not for friends.    blame it on the flu

Edited by Patricio, 18 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

IgonFishn

#6 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Yea, I was down with it last week or something like it. Miserable week. My left ear was clogged for some reason after. I've had to use these ear drying drops to get rid of the water in the ears feeling.

No idea on the diagnostics portion. Is it one of those things where you have to do a sequence super fast to make it work? I know a few refrigerators like that.

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I will go back to it & do some pondering.  Not going to let it get the best of me.

IgonFishn

#8 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Good luck. Being sick or tired and troubleshooting isn't the best combo :)

#9 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

You won't get it full of water. I havn't seen a frigidaire dishwasher yet that fills to the heater. They are set on a timed fill (for 89 seconds if my memory is working) and it usually  fills to just a half inch or so above the sump gasket

#10 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

As Mike says, the fill level is very low in these Frigidaire dishwashers, (Energy Usage guidelines by goberment).

The correct fill for this style of Frigidaire D/W is just to the heater support brackets, (it only runs one washarm at a time so doesn't need the water volume to supply both at once as most dishwashers do).  I believe this fill spec is possibly listed on the techsheet somewhere.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 19 February 2014 - 08:00 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'll read the tech sheet again

IgonFishn

#12 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

I'm pretty sure that I'm mistaken in thinking it was on the techsheet, (just looked at one and it's not).

I think I read it in a service manual at some time and I know from experience that is the correct fill level.

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#13 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that I'm mistaken in thinking it was on the techsheet, (just looked at one and it's not).

I think I read it in a service manual at some time and I know from experience that is the correct fill level.

I am going thru the data sheet that came with the machine - water fill time is 87 sec,  Water flow rate 0.83 (U.S. GPM)    Maybe a gallon of water total.   

Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of a service manual or is the data sheet all that is available for these DW's.

IgonFishn

#14 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Do you know about the online Frigidaire Tech site?

http://current.frigidaire.com/tip/

It's a service flash bulletin #DW067 under dishwashers 2006 but the service flash is dated 5/20/2007

http://current.frigi...During Fill.pdf

I won't post the password here, but if you go to these two post in the "Dojo" and "Inner Sanctum" you will find the username and password to get in along with some other tech info sites that you may need.

http://appliantology...tionsquestions/

http://appliantology...manual-website/

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 21 February 2014 - 07:39 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#15 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Duly noted & accessed BAR.    Gracious.

More info.  Unit now has an error code  ' ER clean S'    The data sheet does not show this code.     Client states DW was working normal then half way thru quit & displayed ER code

Edited by Patricio, 21 February 2014 - 12:39 PM.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics