Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
frunch

Maytag Bravos washer MVWB850YW0 leaking water

6 posts in this topic

I checked out a Maytag Bravos washer today where water had been appearing toward the right-front area under the machine when in use. What I found was that the detergent dispenser seems to be overflowing with water when it fills in the beginning of the cycle (maybe about 30-45 seconds into the cycle after it's started).

There is nothing clogging the dispenser--what it looks like is that the water pressure is so powerful that it's filling the dispenser faster than it can allow it to drain down into the tub. The machine is not even 2 years old, and the problem just started in the past week or 2. I'm pretty stumped here, has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions what can be done to fix it?

For reference, here's the dispenser that is getting overflowed with water: Part number: AP4365163

Part number: AP4365163

Again, the model is MVWB850YW0.

Thanks!

Trevor

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oh geez, it was the *front-left* area on the floor where the water was appearing--under the location of the detergent dispenser.  :turned: Anyways, I'm planning on heading back there to take another look at it today most likely, I'll report back with any more info I can gather.

Trevor,

Did you ever get a solution to this?  I'm working on the same machine - same model - same problem.

Thanks - John

Possible too much water pressure from house supply? Try turning the supply valves down a little. 

Thanks - I'll give that a try!

I just had something similar, but for the bleach dispenser.  Customer has not gotten back to me with him wanting to change the water valve.  The nuclear option:  Replace both the dispenser and water valve.  Check the level of the machine.    If that does not fix the problem, they have a plumbing issue.