Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F11 Error, regular customer at the time.

duet f11 communication error worst idea ever

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud light

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

UVQ2MS6.jpg

“A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate.”

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

That makes me cringe:)

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Looks like an FSP part box on the counter but I can't make out the number. What were you going to replace (until you discovered that you needed a carpenter to demo the bathroom so you could get it out)?

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

It looks like the bathroom was built around the washer and dryer, how else did they get the dryer hooked up to the vent hood and the fill and drain hoses hooked up on the washer and how did they get them plugged into the electrical outlets?

Scott Wolf

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

It looks like the bathroom was built around the washer and dryer, how else did they get the dryer hooked up to the vent hood and the fill and drain hoses hooked up on the washer and how did they get them plugged into the electrical outlets?

I was going to say.

I worked on a washer dryer twin set that is on a tug boat wher the room was built around the washroom.  But I could still work on it.  If they want to replace either one they have to take a torch & cut the door out.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Hate to say it, but I would walk away.

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Looks like an FSP part box on the counter but I can't make out the number.

Part number: AP3968010

Part number: AP3968010

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#8 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

"give us a call back when we can access the unit"

i worked on a compact Maytag set in a similar set up and the cust had a trap door in there bedroom closet which allowed you to get the the connections, i still told them to call back when we could access the washer

#9 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hate to say it, but I would walk away.

close

i would say , when you have removed it from the hole give me a call and i will come and repair it for you

#10 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

close

i would say , when you have removed it from the hole give me a call and i will come and repair it for you

My hats off to you, J5, for wanting to work on it.

But myself....I wouldn't even say that because then when its repaired they are going to want me to jam it back in that hole. Even if I didn't have to reinstall it, and all I had to do was fix it sitting in the middle of the living room and leave it there when I'm finished I still wouldn't touch it. In the slight chance I have to warranty my repair on it,  they are going to want me to remove the unit myself or they will want me to pay to have it done and reinstalled since its my fault the part I replaced failed. Even if it wasn't my part that failed they are still going to blame me for it. IMO its not worth the profit on a repair to have to deal with that set up in any way in the future.

I've learned the hard way some things are not worth getting involved with. As long as I have been doing this I have just a few things I wish I never even started. Its not often when I'll walk away from something but that install job would definitely be one of them.

Edited by -Mike-, 21 February 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

I've learned the hard way some things are not worth getting involved with. As long as I have been doing this I have just a few things I wish I never even started. Its not often when I'll walk away from something but that install job would definitely be one of them.

I am coming to find that out myself, my sentiments exactly  & Maybe they may question your quote.  

Edited by Patricio, 21 February 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#12 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Mike i agree with you on some points

im not sure of this particular product or what the the fault is

we do dryers that are mounted on the wall and customers are told to remove it before we come as its not something i can get on or off

the wall by myself and also due to property damage risk

if i go to a dishwasher that has been uninstalled then i fix it and the customer is responsible for the reinstall and the risk associated and this is noted on the job invoice

same applies with fridges mounted on a 6 inch step , if they need to come out them hey customer your job to get it out, when its out call me back , im not taking the fall on a damage claim

im sorry your use and care booklet states standard installations, if you wish to go outside the manufacture specs then you are responsible for any removal and reinstallation

but my last point is to gauge what the customer is like, if they are a pain in the arse then yes run as fast as you can ;)

#13 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

make it accessible will be back

#14 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

All I can think of is WTF are these people thinking of

#15 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

All I can think of is WTF are these people thinking of

Thats just the thing, they are not thinking. They think it will be nice to have the unit stacked up and in a nice tight closet so it doesn't take up any space, but they don't think about whats going to happen when it needs to be removed for service. Just like all the people that grout the top of the slide-in range in with the tile counter top.  Or the people that put an island in front of the refrigerator 23" away so the refrigerator can't be removed from the cabinets. Or the guy I was out on a few months  ago that needed to have his old washer repaired because he couldn't get it out of the garage after he closed in the garage door and finished off the inside of the garage. There was a door from the garage in to the house but the AC evaporator would have to be removed to fit the old washer out and the new washer in. Or the guy that put in a spiral stair case when he did a remodel then realized he couldn't get a refrigerator up through the hole in the floor with the pole and the hand rail in the way. I don't know what he did because I havn't been back there since.

Sometimes I wonder if they think it would be a good idea to weld the hood on the car shut .

#16 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

people are dumb

they dont think about service

interior designers make these nice looking things and then people see them and think oh that nice lets do that

kitchen people that dont have the balls or intelligence to say to people thats not a good idea because of x y and z

people ask me about a lot of things and i always tell them all the negative things , they can then make an informed decision

#17 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

We had two different customers/homes, Father and son ironically, that had FL Washer failures within a month of each other.... both needed the outside wall removed to get the machine out... the dad (in his mid 90s) asked for an cost of repair... we quote around $1500 most likely more, parts labor and service call...  he almost did it.... because it would have been cheaper and easier than removing and replacing to a new one.... even thou you can buy a new one around $700...   :woot:

Edited by micabay, 09 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#18 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,774 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

I had a samsung front load set like that. Luckily that built in a cabinet door to the side of the unit so I could access the hoses and vent.

Now when I see that the price goes up! Very easy to do with the online blue book. Add on pain in the ass charge for an extra $75

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#19 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Maybe not quite that tight but where I work they put 27" washer/dryers in very small closets. I think I've convinced them to try the 24" ones...

#20 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,774 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

I hate stacked units! Makes it hard when your a one man show. No way to install them without customers help.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duet, f11, communication error, worst idea ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics