Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

AlexM

Maytag Refrigerator Model# MFI2067AES; Crazy Electrical Issues

26 posts in this topic

This Maytag Refrigerator with French doors and bottom  freezer is wacky.

The ice dispenser and lights on front are flashing and the flap motor is cycling constantly.

I can't find any obvious damage on the main board in back, and I reconnect all wires to board hoping it would reset.

Has anyone seen this before?  According to the customer, it might run fine for 15 minutes, but then goes to this wacky mode.

Manual might be handy?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yep, it needs a new main control board. Not sure exactly why it does it, but I called tech support once on it and he immediately said it was the board. Changed the board and all good.

I concur with Bryan. High voltage board failure.

HV control board Part number: AP4014490

Part number: AP4014490

You Guys Rock!

I finally got around to donating to the beer fund.  Looooooooong over due!

THANKS FOR SAVING MY BACON, MORE THAN ONCE!      :thanks:   :thumbsup:

Mucho mega domos for your generous love-offering to my flavorite charity, Alex!  Glad we could help!   :pint1:  :cheers:

I'm a broken record on this (a stuck CD?? (an MP3 file that won't buffer??)) but when you see odd electrical stuff like this, check house electrical supply.  it's been really rare I have found a problem at the wall, (maybe six or seven times in three years) but in each case, if I hadn't checked it, I'd have been stuck chasing rabbits. 

OK, so I put the new board in, and lights stopped flashing, but no compressor or fans,etc.

The only thing happening is the display show 'PEO OOO' is there some sort of sequence to reset the board?

Any help would be appreciated.

It needs programed I believe. Unfortunately, I don't remember the program sequence. Program number should be on your model #tag. I'll see if I can find the sequence.

Edited by BryanS

-Press and hold Door Alarm

-Press and hold Freezer temperature down

-Release Door alarm keypad and wait 3 seconds

-The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode

-Entry is confirmed by pressing the freezer Temperature down keypad once more

-The control will display the current program code. This value should be validated with the Program code printed on the unit serial plate

-Press the refrigerator temperature Up keypad or refrigerator temp downpad to change the digit value

-The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the freezer temp up keypad to select the next digit.

-Once the desired program cide is entered press and hold the freezer temperature down until the program code starts flashing indicating it has been saved .

*Unit will not run with code 0000

http://appliantology.org/files/file/416-maytag-ice-2-0-refrigerator-job-aid/

Page 35 of the manual

Edited by BryanS

thanks so much I will try it tomorrow

Now I'm really stuck.

I did the sequence several times, and I couldn't get it out of the flashing 0000 mode.  I'm slow, but not that slow...

I unplugged the unit and plugged back in, any ideas on what to do next?

May sure you are holding the correct buttons. I've gotten the freezer buttons and fridge buttons mixed up during the sequence.

Also make sure you are keeping the freezer temp down button pressed when release the door alarm button.

Might double check your connections at the board, make sure everything is in nice and tight.  I will neither confirm nor deny that I once put a board in a Samsung and forgot to connect the UI pins before putting the cover back on and putting the unit back against the wall. 

Might double check your connections at the board, make sure everything is in nice and tight. I will neither confirm nor deny that I once put a board in a Samsung and forgot to connect the UI pins before putting the cover back on and putting the unit back against the wall.

Haha. Been there.

post-71964-0-43665100-1393115548_thumb.j OK still not there, but close.  I got it to the point that I put in the correct code 0202 in this case (see photo) and go to set the code and it beeps at me, like its a bad code...WTF?

Did you look at the manual? I didn't type everything out because I was on my phone.

O wait beeping is an invalid code

Edited by BryanS

You did press and hold the freezer down to set it correct? The only time I was unable to program a fridge was because the touchpad pad was bad or I did something wrong. I'm not sure what else to suggest

Is there a digit at the end of the model number on the Fridge ?

What Control Board part number did you get ?

I installed P/N W10310240

and I did press hard on the buttons...

I installed part # W10310240

According to your model number, APP pulls up P/N 12920710, which is the one I linked to earlier on Part number: AP4014490

Part number: AP4014490

Your model number is not compatible with P/N W10310240

Rats! my vendor gave me an alternate P/N that I could get earlier than 3 weeks. That will learn me.

Is there a digit at the end of the model number on the Fridge ?

(some model numbers use different Control Boards)

MFI2067AES

MFI2067AES4

MFI2067AES5

MFI2067AES6

MFI2067AES7

MFI2067AES8

MFI2067AES9

MFI2067AES10

MFI2067AES11

MFI2067AES12

MFI2067AES13

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

Just some information on putting code in. I had the same exact model number and code 0202. could not get it to take the code. So I tried the putting the code in from right to left order and the fridge took the code and is working!! Has anyone else had this happen?