Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire/Kenmore Ft Load Washer Motor Bearing Repair

frigidaire washer motor bearing repair

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dvpete

dvpete

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Newbe to the forum, I have a frigidaire Ft Load Washer 417.39012891, replaced the belt 9 months ago and now have an issue with the bearing on the pully end of the motor.  I was able to remove the pully with a battery terminal puller.  The four bolts that hold the casting with the bearing have a unique head, an oval protrusion about 6mm long and 3mm wide and 3mm high, a specialty tool is required, probably designed to deter repair.  Has anyone successfully replaced this bearing?  How did you remove the four uniqe headed bolts?  Perhaps the Samurai stocks the bearing. Thanks in advance for responses.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

the motors are non serviceable, maybe if you take it to a motor shop they would be able to help, we professionals just replace the whole motor

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

the motors are non serviceable, maybe if you take it to a motor shop they would be able to help, we professionals just replace the whole motor

Right arm, Brother sh2!  Part number: AP2106484

Part number: AP2106484

#4 dvpete

dvpete

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Just following up on the post.  I removed thew pully with a battery terminal puller,  I cut the four bolts holding bith ends of the motor together and pulled the bearing with a puller.  The bearing was picked up at a local distributor, 6202-2Z-L38-C3, for $12.  I pressed the bearing into the motor shaft,  Drilled out the threaded ends of the four bolts and used 10/24 threaded rod and Nyloc nuts to re-assemble the motor, A Dremel was used to make clearance for a box wrench to tighten the bolts.  All is good.  This was a time consuming repair and if the machine was newer I would have just replaced the motor.

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

The only time I might attempt something like that is if the motor wasn't available and I had lots of time on my hands.  Good job.  Is it all back together and working?

Doc

#6 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Just following up on the post.  I removed thew pully with a battery terminal puller,  I cut the four bolts holding bith ends of the motor together and pulled the bearing with a puller.  The bearing was picked up at a local distributor, 6202-2Z-L38-C3, for $12.  I pressed the bearing into the motor shaft,  Drilled out the threaded ends of the four bolts and used 10/24 threaded rod and Nyloc nuts to re-assemble the motor, A Dremel was used to make clearance for a box wrench to tighten the bolts.  All is good.  This was a time consuming repair and if the machine was newer I would have just replaced the motor.

I would have just replaced the motor but I applaud your resourcefulness. Good job getting it going for  only 12 bucks.

#7 dvpete

dvpete

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for your follow up and feedback.  Yes, the machine is back in operation and now sounds normal.  Again, I agree, a motor change would have been the fastest way ti go.

Take care amd thanks again for your support of the weekend repair populous,

Dan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frigidaire, washer, motor, bearing, repair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics