Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

DPSQ495GT0WW-- guttering flame, propane dryer

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

I have found Frigidaire dryers are the worst for LP conversions, I've never seen another brand have this problem when doing a conversion, (it's usually the air adjustment that with the LP conversion kits for Frigidaire have virtually zero adjustment ability).

First big problem, almost impossible to see how flame is burning, but you definitely know it's wrong when you hear it pop back to orifice then sounds totally wrong burning, (have to have up on blocks and site thru little channel in bottom of dryer or kind of thru stack mount holes to even see flame).  The you have to pull it all apart to try and make any air adjustments, can't run with front off and have airflow to adjust while running.

I HATE FRIGIDAIRE LP CONVERSIONS!!!!!!!!!

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Found out today that the install crew tried to solve this problem yesterday by taking a gas dryer out of the basement, converting it to propane and driving it out to install.  Same problem with a different dryer; we advised customer to call gas company. 

#23 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Sounds like it wasn't the dryer, as you suspected.  Any apologies from the client?

#24 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Also with the frigidaire dryer, be sure to change the mounting bracket with the one supplied with the kit. Very important. I have found that the popping and the whistling sound is caused by mis- alignment of the venturi with the orifice. The LP bracket in the kits is heavier and has slightly different construction. This has long been a problem with the friggy dryer and they haven't been able to engineer around it. I  am absolutely certain from many many battles that it is caused by the orifice not being lined up perfectly down the center of the venturi and if you tweak the damn thing you will be able to correct it somewhat. Its still a turd no matter how much polish you put on it.

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#25 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Sounds like it wasn't the dryer, as you suspected.  Any apologies from the client?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I have gotten, just off the top of my head, the following from customers: fish, steak, eggs, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, cake, honey, a letter of praise sent to Whirlpool, home made salsa, $5 bills, name-calling and once a $20 tip. 

I don't think I've ever gotten an apology from a customer who was wrong. 

That is totally okay.  I specifically got into this line of work so I could get out of sales and quit having to persuade and cajole people for a living. All I really need from my customers is that they pay me when I'm done and that they stay out of my way while I'm working. 

#26 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Well at least, I hope, you got paid and didn't hear "but you didn't fix it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics