Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

electrolux model EIED55HMBO

bad heater replaced

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

E65 is the code that shut the dryer down. I replaced the heater and the thermal limiter but it only worked for 1/2 an hour before the heat stopped. I unpluged the dryer and let it reset to run it again but the heat never comes on. I've replaced the limiter 2 times and still the heat stops working. What else needs to be replaced?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,607 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

how is the venting?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

I've throughly checked the venting by first cleaning out the lint trap (where the sceen goes because yes I ALWAYS clean out the screen) using a vaccuum. Then because I replaced the heater I took the time to make sure all venting in the dryer is cleaned out. Then after running the dryer (w/new heater) I went outside to find that it was blowing out easily.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

You didn't mention whether you replaced the high limit thermostat or not.

#5 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

I havent replaced it but I tested it with an ohm meter. I have a thermostat and I can replace it put it back together and test it. Should I? My fear is I will blow my new limiter and be back in the same situation... no heat.  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I've run into this exact problem on these POS Electrosux dryers and the problem is the main control board Part number: AP4365584

Part number: AP4365584

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

sounds like the Samurai has some experience with this one. For future reference, please advise us of relevant tests or other repairs performed. This helps us zero in on the problem without going over or discussing things already done. Thanks!

#8 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

I've ordered the part from you all (Appliance Parts Pros) and I'll update you on the situation after the part is installed.  :spacecraft:

#9 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

does the dryer get hot if you run it in a air dry cycle

#10 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

"does the dryer get hot on a dry air cycle?" Interesting question, first I'm assuming you mean no heat cycle because "dry air" is not a setting. When I first had problems it shut down with code E 65. When I unplugged it to reset it then ran the dryer it would heat right up then shut down. I replaced the heater because the coils were touching the sides also because a very experienced repair  man said its probably the heater but could be the control board. After replacing the heater and the limiter it ran and heated till the limiter fuse blew. So to answer your question I never had time to try to run it with the new heater because the limiter keeps goint out.

#11 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Correction I never tried to run it with no heat because the limiter keeps blowing.

#12 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

But, I did try to run it with no heat before I replaced the heater and strangly it would always heat, over heating and evntually blowing the thermal fuse.

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

But, I did try to run it with no heat before I replaced the heater and strangly it would always heat, over heating and evntually blowing the thermal fuse.

Now THAT's a different story-- sounds like you may have a grounded heating element.  Measure continuity from heating element terminal to case.  Should read open.  If not, replace the heating can Part number: AP4368653

Part number: AP4368653

#14 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, that makes sense and thats where I am now. I replaced (^that^) and now I keep blowing thermal fuses so replacing the control board is hopefully the last step. The dryer did run for about 15 mins (with the new heater and thermal fuse) with heat then the thermal fuse blows and I get a new code (E 63 I believe but I dont remember) but I unplug it then run it to try and finish drying the clothes and it wont heat. it just runs for about 8 mins then shuts down with the code. I'll post an update a week after the installation and use of the new control board. If that doesnt work...  :banghead:   :wallbash:

#15 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

:banghead: I'm impressed, the control board I ordered less than 24 hours ago has arrived! Unfortunately ive installed it and Im having the same issue code E 65. Yesterday I called Aarons rent to own to find out that a dryer equal to mine could have been brought to my home and installed for a 1 year lease agreement for $88 a month for 4 monthly payments. I could have easily used that for a year while saving all year for a new dryer. Instead I'm out $19 x 2 for 2 thermal fuses, $140 for a heater and $130 (including shipping) for a control board. For those of you keeping score thats a grand total of $308. Since my driving time, time sweating this damn repair and time wasted on phone calls and research is easily worth $50 then I should have spent $352 and started saving for a new 1!!! :wallbash:

#16 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

.    If you bought the parts through the links on this Web site, you can return them and get refunded.  I don't know if returning any part for any reason is their policy, so I don't know whether you can return the limiters that blew, but the heater and the control board are returnable.  So there is at least $270 back in your pocket.

.   In the future, test theories before buying.  That would have saved you getting the heater, but unfortunately with compukers these days, you eliminate every other possibility, then replace the compuker, because there is no test for that.  Unfortunately you can never really eliminate every other possibility, so I make sure to get the control boards from a place that allows their return.

#17 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

does the dryer get hot if you run it in a air dry cycle

I would also like to know.

If no heat, then, starting with a cold Dryer,

open the Door and then start a normal heat cycle with the Door open.

I won't run, but is there heat ? (shouldn't be)

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 25 February 2014 - 10:09 PM.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#18 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

Listen to Reg_US's advice, and follow it.  I have gotten more throughly researched answers that lead me to the correct conclusion from him than almost everyone else.

#19 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Reg, E65 is the code that shut the dryer down. I replaced the heater and the thermal limiter but it only worked for 1/2 an hour before the heat stopped. So it did heat up with the new heater until the thermal limiter blew. I unpluged the dryer and let it reset to run it again but the heat never comes on, Ive done this 5 times. Nothing has chaged since Ive replaced the Control board. If I unplug the dryer then plug it back in and run it there is no heat. I'm sure that if I went to the local parts place and bought another thermal limiter the dryer would heat for roughly 15-30 mins then shut down showing code E 65. I Inspected the new heater (after installing the control board) and its fine,  I also went outside to check air flow and the air flow is great!

#20 adentdude

adentdude

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Also Reg, I never had a chance to run it on an air dry cycle but I did run it on a low heat cycle the first time i ran it after installing the new board and it warmed up with out getting very hot. I truly belive if I go buy another thermal regulator and run it on no heat it would run just fine. Also I didn't replace the thermostat but it tested fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics