Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Washer FTF2140ES0 intermittent spin no spin

front loader washer frigidare

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 microphony

microphony

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Alesmith Speedway Stout

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Oh honorable teacher,

I have read the posts and am seeking guidance.  

I have a Frigidaire Washer that was not spinning. I read the post and checked the coin catcher (made my self a handsome $2.25 in coins) As it was noted in another post, I turned on the machine and unplugged it and I was able to open the door.

I replaced the door lock, and five minutes later all was working.

Life was good.

A week later, the washer stopped spinning mid cycle. I ran the diagnostics and got E52 = "bad signal from tacho generator"

Now, I need to "Disconnect the plug from the drive motor and measure the resistance pins 4&5 in the motor"

umm, I'm not sure how to get to the drive motor, or where the 4 & 5 pins are.

Also, the washing machine has just complete a load of laundry while I was typing this, so it's an intermittent problem.

Thank you.

measure the resistance pins 4 & 5 in the motor.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics