Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Top-Load Washer (WT4801CW) Power Up Issues

LG Washer wt4801cw Power No Power

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch R.

Mitch R.

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hi there!

I found an extremely helpful video on YouTube after my LG washer decided it was going to die mid-cycle and not power back up, video here -  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MB9-dBYZip0.  After going through the tests in the video, I replaced my noise filter and the main PCB, as the filter was not outputting any power and the main PCB indicator LED was not illuminated.

After replacing the noise filter, I was able to verify power leaving it and heading to the original main PCB, in which the LED still wasn't lighting up.  At that point, I replaced the main PCB, and the new one doesn't seem to be working either.  The only difference I seem to notice is a clicking sound.  After I connect the new main PCB, and I provide the machine with power, the PCB clicks twice and then does nothing.  If I press the Power button on the washer, it makes the same clicks.  There are 2x clicks, about a second apart, and then nothing.

I've tested the power coming into the unit from the wall and it's steady/correct. I tested the noise filter again, just to make sure nothing blew out again for any reason, and its still working fine.  I'm now at a loss for what might be happening.  I'm still happy to attempt to troubleshoot it myself, without paying a ton for a service call, but I'm not sure what else to be looking for at this point. 

Any suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Service Bulletin for WT4801 washer with "Dead Board".

Original Main Board (EBR732448501) has been replaced with a Revised Main Board Part number: AP5632517

Part number: AP5632517

Verify that the replacement Main Board is indeed---EBR75131701...

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 17 March 2014 - 04:19 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 Mitch R.

Mitch R.

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Well that sucks!  I got the replacement parts from Sears Parts Direct, which I'm now guessing was a mistake :(  The replacement board was part number EBR732448501, and not the one you have listed for the revised board.   In any case, I'll fix my mistake on that, however, being that I bought a brand new part, is there an obvious reason I am missing that would explain why it's not working?  Forgive me if that is a totally ignorant question, just trying to understand the scenario.

Thanks so much!

#4 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Unfortunately---no specifics were provided in the Service Bulletin as to the cause of the "dead board" problem (usually a brief synopsis is provided).

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

#5 Mitch R.

Mitch R.

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I got the replacement part number you specified and the machine is powering up now. Thanks for that!  However, my machine is now displaying an error code "dE" which as I understand it, is the door locking mechanism.  I'm thinking some power surge or something possibly cooked a few things, since I've now replaced the noise filter, PCB, and seems like the locking solenoid is going to have to be swapped now as well.

Is there any kind of service bulletin on that part that you have knowledge of and would you be able to provide the correct part number?  Thank you so much for your help so far!

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Why are you buying parts from Sears Parts Direct?  Are they helping you with the repair?  Did they put up the Youtube video that showed you how to fix this problem?  

Buy your parts through this site and it helps ensure we'll be here the next time you need help. 

#7 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Lid Lock/Switch Assy (EBF61215202)

No bulletins that I've seen...

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

#8 Mitch R.

Mitch R.

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Thanks!  And the only reason I didn't buy the first items from you is because they were out of stock, according to your store links.  That last part number is in stock though, so I'm happily ordering from your store :)

#9 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

It's not our store.

They support the Samurai and his forum---when a purchase is made.

Keeps this forum going.

Everyone here helps---pro bono :)

Good luck

Edited by john63, 17 March 2014 - 09:31 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, Washer, wt4801cw, Power, No Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics