Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Admiral washer near constant imbalance now bearing? noise...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Admiral AAV7000AWW...

Last few (maybe 6) weeks virtually unable to do a load without the "walking machine syndrome" no changes in operators or washing method. Now noticing what sounds like a bearing (growling, whirring sound) during spin cycle.

Are they likely related? Is there a part in the machine that allows or helps it to cope with an imbalance condition?

Which bearing (s) is the most likely candidate for the noise? Is it just worn out? Is it common for a leak to be causing the failure? 

Trying to get ahead of the impending failure. Get it fixed before it stops.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Not worth the repairs this machine needs.  You will need the triple lip seal and bearing, a new base, spring and snubber kit, plus the special tools to remove and install the springs and bearing and seal kit.  In parts you are already looking at close to $300 and some of the special tools required are no longer available.

Yes, the tub bearing has failed due to the seal leaking.

Scott Wolf

#3 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Thanks Scott!  Unfortunately the worst fears confirmed. Now onto the new problem of what to buy now....Thanks again.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

I would stick with a Whirlpool or Maytag top load washer WITH an agitator and make sure you take out the extended warranty from the manufacturer, NOT the store, before the 1 year warranty expires.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 27 February 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Scott Wolf

#5 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for the input. 

It now looks like we may have to go used lots of unknowns on local craigslist. Are these Hotpoint units reasonably dependable?

http://dallas.craigs...4329235823.html

Thanks again,

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

They aren't the best washer and dryer, but not the worst.  I really wish you would take my advice and stick with a top load Whirlpool or Maytag washer and a Whirlpool or Maytag dryer.  E Bay is much better than Craigslist.

Scott Wolf

#7 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thanks Scott never really thought about Ebay. Suppose there may be someone in the Dallas area advertising there. Will look. I took your statements about Whirlpool to be for new product only. Didn't realize it went back a ways. With that thought in mind does that open up Kenmore too. It seems that most Kenmore I have run across have been Whirlpool under the skin. Thanks.

Hope to get this resolved on my day off tomorrow. 

#8 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Scott

Some additional questions:  Whirlpool-Maytag takes in which brands? does it include Amana and Admiral as well?

#9 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Yes, only new Admirals and Amanas, not the old school one like you had.

BTW, I would strongly advise against using craigslist. It was on the news today.  A couple went to buy a car on Craigslist and it was a plot to kill them.  The fake seller did not have a car for sale and he pulled a gun on the couple.

Scott Wolf

#10 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yes, only new Admirals and Amanas, not the old school one like you had.

BTW, I would strongly advise against using craigslist. It was on the news today.  A couple went to buy a car on Craigslist and it was a plot to kill them.  The fake seller did not have a car for sale and he pulled a gun on the couple.

thats why i only meet in a public spot and i bring my gun with me as well, as well as a friend

#11 daydreamer152

daydreamer152

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Scottthewolf thanks for your help. Found an Admiral at the orange home store (where else would Admiral be found :wink: ) model  ATW4675YQ. It is what I call an "in and out" delivered and set up, didn't work right, exchanged and repaired. $350 plus ttl. Was the best I could do on a new one. 

Thanks for the tips about Craigslist. I have been an avid CL shopper and have not had problems. I will sure watch my back. Where did the incident above take place?

Thanks all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics