Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Three devices, getting Info together, online off line.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

I have now a computer, a samsung tab 3 7, and a samsung phone (not a Galaxy 3 note).

I have evernote
I have drop box, I know how to link ever note with drop box, have done documents PDF.

When I want to attach a photo to a message, ON MY Phone, it lets me get the pictures from my evrenotes as well.

I would like to be able to do that from my computer, or TAB as well, but I dont know where it stores the file;
Ever note on computer or where the Tablet stores evernotes.

On the last phone I had I could store or put the appa on the SD card, I have not found that option on either of the two new Samsung devices, phone, and Tab.

The tablet does not show the photos in the gallery either, nor are they in a album.

What is the easyiest way to tranfer files between devices.

I take a picture on my phone, and then I would hook up a usb cable and dowload to computer.

The tablet in owners manual did not mention this procedure, can you up load, down load between Tablet and computer.

I have not used blue tooth, except to hand set, Tablet to phone I could use blue tooth to transfer photos and documents.

Sorry for all the questions and they are all over the place, just as my mind is trying to make a tree, or chart as to where everthing goes on each device. Once i know what limb the squrirrle is on i can go get him, right now I am the squirrle, going nuts..

I want to be able to load the tablet with a PDF before I go out, in case I dont have a good connection for the internet. Last night I went to my evernote on my tab, and since my tab was on wi fi, I was able to click on the link I had put in evernote from drop, box.. that took me to drop box and there I had the option to download the file. It downloaded it, but I at first had no Idea where. I found the My folder, in Apps by luck, and behold I had two copies of the PDF.

Here is where again is there an eaiser way to transfer computer file, to Tab.

Next: I have had several APPS say they will back up my photos and contacts for me, Drop box, google this and google that, Samsung,... What I want to know is which one can I take a picture on my phone, and then it syncs it to my tab, and computer, and then I dont have to hunt them down, or copy them.

If you can answer one of these questions, or explain your best practice thanks. I need to find a basic class somewhere, or a fith grader lol. I am googling, and reading when I have time. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,429 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

simply load files to dropbox then you can erase them off your tablet/phone etc. When you need the file and unsure you will have a connection go to drop box on the device you will be using and mark the file as a favorite. It then will be available on that device regardless of internet connection.

Regarding photos https://www.dropbox.com/help/289

Not sure why you need to use an sd card for file transfer. Download the evernote program to your pc. It will sync with the evernote on your phones. Dropbox will as well

Most of the questions you are asking can be found in the instructions in dropbox and evernote.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 steveklein

steveklein

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

When I want to attach a photo to a message, ON MY Phone, it lets me get the pictures from my evrenotes as well.

I would like to be able to do that from my computer, or TAB as well, but I dont know where it stores the file;

Instead of trying to pull the file into an existing mail message, try launching the evernote app and then either copying the photo, or see if everynote has a "share via email" button.

(One reason I prefer iOS over Android is that virtually every app lets you "share" its data via email, twitter, facebook, etc. Everything is nicely integrated.)

Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,429 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Actually the sharing feature in android is more robust as you can also share with programs that aren't officially sanctioned. When I hit share, 38 programs come up  including  a program were I can modify sharing options.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 27 February 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics