Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GFSS6KKXASS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

I have a Samsung refer masquerading as a G.E. unit.........The evaporator  panel's foam insulation is water logged and disintegrating....Bits of the foam is getting down into the drain tube and that 'Duck bill' fitting, near the defrost drain pan.........The evaporator panel G.E part number is WR60x10272....190 Clam$.....Any one gots the Samsung part number for a possible cheaper price?????...........I had visited this unit back in 11/2012 for a iced over defrost drain trough..........I put a longer heater next to the  manufactures  drain heater ( if you could call it a drain heater ).....Is there a kit to stop the water from backing up in the drain tube or just cut a 'V' in the 'duck bill' ???...............Do not see to many Samsung's or L.G.'s  in my neck of the woods................

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

They have a defrost drain heater kit. I will find you the part number. It's just a metal probe that sits in the drain. While your in there I would replace the defrost thermistor just because they do fail and they are pretty cheap.
I will see if I can find you an evap cover that will work.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

if the insulation is disintegrating, you may have to replace tbe cover. I believe The new cover comes with the defrost kit. As to cross referencing... try this http://appliantology...-ff-evap-cover/

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Applianceman97, did you find the part number for the defrost drain???          I got the G.E. evap. panel assy.  and gonna wait till I find out if there is a new drain.........On the new panel cover, there is a new thermistor..............Lucky me , cuz if you had to replace a new one into the old location, all the soft foam would get torn up cuz of the glue holding the foam on.................The original factory drain heater is a metal strap that stops about 1/2" short of entering the drain hole in the drain trough....I had  ( back in 4/2012 ) added a copper wire wrapped around the Cal-Rod heater a few times and then pushed about an inch into the drain hole.... Possibly, bits of the Styrofoam backed up the water in the hole........... I had cleared the drain hole first with out removing the panel....There was ice across the bottom of the panel and I thought with the steamer going, the ice at the bottom would melt...Nope had to de-ice there also..........With the Styrofoam disintegrating, it appears that replacement is the way to go........So maybe, I do not  need a newer drain replacement..........Durham, no defrost kit with the new evap. panel, just a different color motor and a new thermister......   .

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Here's the evaporator cover assembly Part number: AP5326112

Part number: AP5326112

Applianceman97, did you find the part number for the defrost drain???   

Whaaaa...? You haven't been following my training notes from ASTI?   :yikes:  I had the part number in my Samsung Refrigeration notes,  Part number: AP5579885

Part number: AP5579885

#6 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

Thanks Samurai! I was snoozing on that one. Sorry ctg51. Make sure to move the evap thermistor to the center of the evaporator. Clip it right on the top row.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Thanks guys......The part number DA97-07190G (AP5326112) is  ( if the grid is correct )  18" W. X 26" H.......Wr60X10272 is ( actual measurement ) is  16 1/4" W. X 29 " H....The bottom mounting hole would be a bit off, about 2 1/2 "...................I had read thru some of the Samurai's reports, but not all............Fancy defrost drain heater.......................With these Samsung and L.G refers, hozit the techs job to clean up the mess????.............The customer is looking at me , as I scratch my head wondering " How many repair kits is it going to take to fixit ????"....

#8 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Pretty common issue with the Samsung.  Along with replacing or repositioning the defrost sensor I'll price out a replacement evap cover is the icing is severe enough around the fan motor, just knowing I'll most likely damage the old one during removal.  The price difference between the motor and cover assy is minimal, especially since the cover comes with a new motor.  Unless of course the customer is willing to shut down the unit to allow it to deice on it's own.

Thanks for the P/N for the drain heater, Samurai.  I'll add it to the arsenal.

#9 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Does that drain heater fit all the models  or is there different ones for other  models?

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Works with all the FDBM FF evaps.  May work in other models or in the FZ cmpt but the FF evap is the only place I've ever used it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics