Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer WFW9200SQA12 problems

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

Have a Whirlpool Duet washer model no WFW9200SQA12 that I have a problem with.When it starts it will start filling up and the wash cycle will start,sometimes it will wash down from 50 on the display to 37 and will flash F-20 and stop.Other times it will wash down to 22 on the display before flashing F-20 code.What is going on with this thing and how do I fix it?Please help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

check for clogged inlet valve screens

#3 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the reply.I've check that,they're not clogged and have a good water flow.Thanks for the help.

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Check the water pressure hose for a small leak, sometimes hard to find.

#5 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

Ok I'll check that hose for a leak .Thanks for the help.           

#6 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Run an empty load. When it stops filling with water while agitating... it should only add water 1 maybe 2 times... If it adds water 3, 4, 5 times during that 20 to 30 minutes, then it's a pressure hose leak/pin hole IF the water level keeps increasing...

If the water level goes down, then the machine adds water etc then it's a siphon issue or a water leak.

If all else fails I'd look into replacing the water valve... I replace a lot of those for f-20 and the valve just has a slow flow so when it's filling with clothes in it it takes more than the 8 minute fill limit.
It is never a bad thing to leave it to the professionals. Inexperience can lead to more damage or risk of injury. You can always call A&E Factory Service (1-800-905-9505), Sears(1-800-469-4663), or local service man you can trust (servicemagic.com).

#7 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the reply and help from all of you guys. have some things now to check out.Thanks again

#8 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

In my experience if you have good water flow and no leaks in the pressure hose its a bad flow meter.

#9 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Where is the flow meter.I did not see one on this machine.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Not finding a flow meter, either, but here's the water inlet valve that Brother Tronics mentioned as a troublemaker Part number: AP3866046

Part number: AP3866046

#11 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

i would check twice for a siphoning issue if we are sure the pressure switch hose and water flow is good

#12 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

Not finding a flow meter, either,

yup...not on this model. I shall punish myself with 10 minutes in the time-out corner for assuming it had a flow meter and not looking it up.

#13 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Still having problems.I got a water level switch and hose and changed them out.I ran the washer with it empty set on normal wash,cold water.When it started it showed 50 minuets on the display.It filled with about half gallon of water and started the wash cycle.It washed down to 37 on the display then flashed F-20 and stopped.I restarted the machine and this time it washed down to 21 on the display and flashes F-20 and stopped.If you put the dial on rinse/spin,it will rinse good and spin down to completion.What is wrong with this thing?

#14 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

do you have good flow on cold and hot valves?  do you have flood safe hoses? even though you have it set to cold the control might want to fill with some hot water to maintain a minimum temperature, happens in the winter with cold incoming water temps

Edited by sh2sh2, 06 March 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#15 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:42 AM

No I only  have cold water turned on. Does this machine need both the hot and cold water on?

#16 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Ding, ding, ding!   Brother sh2 nailed this one with his insightful question about both hot and cold water flow.  When the water temperature is too cold, the machine will throw an error because it knows that the detergent will not be properly activated.  So it needs the hot water connected to bring the water up to that minimum temperature.  

Why don't you have the hot water connected?

#17 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

The hot water hose is connected but now turned on as this in an addition to the house and the hot water is not plumbed in yet.So I do need the hot water on.

#18 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

yes, you need both hot and cold water

#19 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Thank you guys for this info.I'm going to get the hot water hooked up for this machine.Thanks again for all the help and information

#20 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hey, you are welcome!  I didn't comment on this thread because I'm still learning about these new models.  The front loaders are not bad to work on once you get the hang of it.  I'm learning a lot from these guys,  they are awesome.  This was a pearl to tuck away for a later date.  Thanks for all you do!

Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics