Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JennAir Refrigerator Leaking

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tillerman

Tillerman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:02 AM

I have had a JennAir #JCD2389GES refrigerator for a little over one year and recently I have noticed a puddle of water forming almost daily under the front left corner of the unit.  I have not been able to pinpoint what could potentially be causing it nor have I been able to find the source.  The puddle varies in size and is always located under the freezer side of the unit towards the front of the unit.  I hope someone could help me find what is causing the mystery puddle.  Thanks

P.S. The refrigerator and freezer are working great...of course other than the damn puddle.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

This could be caused by the defrost drain plugged up.  This would cause the defrost water to run into the freezer and out onto the floor.  Take a look at the drain located at the bottom, back of the freezer under the evaperator.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

Come in and have some tea :java:

Chances are that you have a blocked defrost drain. Its the hole in the middle of item 14.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/A53-290.gif

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 Tillerman

Tillerman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

So what you are saying is that the defroster drain is plugged up and is backing up inside my freezer?  This would cause some water to be in the bottom of my freezer that eventually turns to ice?  Of course some water slips out onto the floor prior to it freezing in the bottom of my freezer?  Ok so where would I be able to find this drain thingee and evaporator?  Is it inside the freezer? or outside of it?  how do I get to it?  Thanks for your help

#5 Tillerman

Tillerman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

Ooppsss...I think I replied too quick, man you guys are good!

Should I access that thing from inside the freezer or pull the unit out and get to it from behind?

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

Inside. Remove the baskets/bins, then remove panel 20, see what's going on.

#7 Breezyr

Breezyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

I am having the same problem. I found it was all frozen with ice inside and outside of the part #14 underneath the evaporator and water floating on top and down into the freezer floor. Once I removed the ice I checked the drain hole and it is now clear down. What does the drain tube lead to and is there a way to remove the excess water below the drain tube? Is there a chance it can flow out from the bottom somewhere? How do I stop this from happening again? I am now drying out my damaged hardwood and I do not want to go through this again.

Thanks

#8 Breezyr

Breezyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:26 PM

bump

#9 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

In the normal course of events, the condensate runs into a pan on or near the compressor, and the heat and air movement in that area is enough to evaporate it.

#10 Breezyr

Breezyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for your reply, Mad mac. Unfortunately, not much has been normal with this refrigerator. Warping door, sticking icemaker, jammed icemaker, falling door bins(from the warping door panel)adaptive defrost control failure. :X

#11 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

Disagree. ADC failure IS normal on these. :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics