Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDS30FXB10

Washability Does not clean

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

This dishwasher does not clean anymore.   Can't figure.  Cycles complete.   Spray wands spray, seems like plenty of pressure.  Glasses fill with water.  Run DW cleaner thru it.   Checked sump can't find hard water deposits.   Client uses Liquid Finish. Customer runs faucet until hot water is available.  I am frustrated.  

Run diagnostics, error codes are 6-2, 6-1, & 6-2.   all water fill codes    Water level seems normal.  Error codes won't clear.   Suggestions?   I read in Samurai's ASTI report that the diverter valve could be clogged.  .  Where may that be checked?

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Did you access the chopper assembly clean out the mesh screen.? Very common on this model for that to get clogged with food particles.

This will block return water from circulating properly as well as rinsing with soiled water.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

The diverter valve is on the new Global Wash System (GWS).  This one is the Point Voyager design with the chopper that Brother MA tech mentioned.  Very common failure.  

Chopper Part number: AP4260709

Part number: AP4260709

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Did you access the chopper assembly clean out the mesh screen.? Very common on this model for that to get clogged with food particles.

This will block return water from circulating properly as well as rinsing with soiled water.

The diverter valve is on the new Global Wash System (GWS).  This one is the Point Voyager design with the chopper that Brother MA tech mentioned.  Very common failure.  

Chopper Part number: AP4260709

Part number: AP4260709

First thing I did.  Pulled a little piece of plastic out of the filter the on my initial visit.  Ran it thru normal cycle & seemed like plenty of volume of water & pressure.   2nd visit, screen was clean & dispensor was not opening due finish pod not completly dissolved.   Cleaned dispensor put into diagnostic & everything worked except dishes being cleaned.  She shows me pans & bowls that are filthy after a wash.   Never a full load of dishes does she show me in person.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#5 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

Every thing here points to water, as in "not enough water or not enough water in motion" I know the visual checks seemed okay but the error codes and actual results are going the opposite way. 

Do all of your basic water checks: house pressure, no kinks in the supply line, correct drain hose install, control board holds voltage for the correct time, no foreign objects under float switch's float, o-ring in the garden hose fitting didn't fall to pieces, all that good stuff.  

I recently had one of these where I had plenty of water, no clog in the sump, and terrible cleaning results, including undissolved detergent.  

The chopper had seized up and broken to bits.  During test cycle, I put an amp clamp on the motor and it read "1.28".  Tech sheet says "normally 250 watts."  Not finding anything else wrong, I replaced the pump and sump assembly and that got the job done. 

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I checked the amp draw in the wash cycles.  At first I had 1.2 amp draw, then it stabilized at 1.7amps.     the diverter valve screen is clean but the chopper blade seems to free wheel.  Pulled the mechanism out & did not find it in pieces, It is loose at the end of the shaft the chopper blade.

Every thing here points to water, as in "not enough water or not enough water in motion" I know the visual checks seemed okay but the error codes and actual results are going the opposite way. 

Do all of your basic water checks: house pressure, no kinks in the supply line, correct drain hose install, control board holds voltage for the correct time, no foreign objects under float switch's float, o-ring in the garden hose fitting didn't fall to pieces, all that good stuff.  

I recently had one of these where I had plenty of water, no clog in the sump, and terrible cleaning results, including undissolved detergent.  

The chopper had seized up and broken to bits.  During test cycle, I put an amp clamp on the motor and it read "1.28".  Tech sheet says "normally 250 watts."  Not finding anything else wrong, I replaced the pump and sump assembly and that got the job done. 

I also had 120o water temp coming out of kitchen faucet, only 100-110 inside tube.   The water heater is old, lady says she has plenty hot water in bath tub.

I am going to order pump/sump assembly Monday.

IgonFishn

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Follow up post:  Installed new sump assembly with motor,   Put new turgidity sensor also.    Pump now pulls over 2 amps, machine is a lot quieter.  If this does not restore the  washability  factor I am going to quit the appliance business............................................for a day.   I think I'll take my yak & poles & hit the water.   Limits for specs & reds are there to be had.          Are you ready for some fish,,,,

IgonFishn

#8 MAPS Appliance Repair

MAPS Appliance Repair

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

If the mesh screen is clogged it will need to be replaced it it a plastic shaft and is broken.

Edited by MAPS Appliance Repair, 19 March 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#9 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

If the mesh screen is clogged it will need to be replaced it it a plastic shaft and is broken.

Tell me if I am wrong, does that not come with the new sump assembly?

IgonFishn

#10 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,701 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

http://www.repaircli...0237169/1548391

If this is what you replaced it came with all that.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

:banghead: I'm going fishing.   :wallbash:  :down:

Edited by Patricio, 20 March 2014 - 10:30 PM.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics