Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador PRDS48GDUS Range... HELP!.... needed

Thermador prds48gdus clicking ignitors burners range

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:george killian (Irish Red)

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

I got a NEW Animal... His name is "Thermador". (Actually #PRDS48GDUS is his 'clinical' birth name). He's about 48 inches long, comes with 6 STAR burners and a griddle, has a gas and electric oven and likes to 'Click" a lot even when no one is around.

Do You know this Animal??? Have you SEEN this Animal??? Well, if so... then maybe you can help me understand This One.

I noticed that the burners, when turned all the way off (along with everything else), will start clicking on its own. (Board???), Buuttt... when I turn the L/F burner knob (second from the left) about 3/8 inch towards the 'on' position, the clicking Stops. And STAYS stopped... (Switch???) .

all the ignitors seem to be in relatively good position. I lightly sanded them and checked for any blockages at the burners. They ALL light by themselves (except 1- (M/F)( ignitor not sparking Anytime...). Thats the 2nd issue... but... if given a flame, it lights fine. And what tool do I need to remove the Nuts on the venturi(s) / spill trays???

Sooo... does this make any sense to anyone??? Is it 'clear' and 'understandable'??? cuz... i'm cunfewzzed!!!!!!

Please Help!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Correction...

The Full model# is PRDS486GDUS. but yes... I STILL need help!!! :wacko:  anyone?... anyone?...

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Provided the electrical outlet the unit is plugged into is properly grounded and polarized and none of the ignitor wires are shorted to ground, I would suspect the spark module.  How is the oven function?  Any leds flashing?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I noticed that the burners, when turned all the way off (along with everything else), will start clicking on its own. (Board???), 

All the burners or just the XLO burners on the LHS?

Buuttt... when I turn the L/F burner knob (second from the left) about 3/8 inch towards the 'on' position, the clicking Stops. And STAYS stopped... (Switch???) .

That LF burner is one of the XLO burners on this unit, unless I'm remembering wrong.  

#5 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

My apologies for just now responding back. I've been down with medical stuff last few days... But... back to this "Animal" im dealin with......

Yea, I couldnt get to the plug and couldnt pull the unit out ('back' issues...), so am going back with a second man. I will Definitely check the power there. I understand that its a "newly added addition" to the house. (must be nice- riigghhhttt???). but with the addition added im thinking that power mite b part of the problem.

And... Samurai... I know i should have remembered the visual set up of the unit... but failed to do so....  Forgive me Master!!! I am not honored enuff to work on the "Thermadors" very often, so That got past me, but I DO believe you r right... Question: are the potentiometers the same part number for all the burners? and wasnt there a 'replacement kit' offered at some point??? If so... do you (anyone know the part #'s). I found the re-ignitor module #, ignitor #, and potentiometer #... but i thought there was a 'kit'??? Ooohh... and its Only the L/F burner that has the 'anytime it wants to' clicking. and Only the M/F burner that has No spark at all. All the other burners work just fine. THX Family!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thermador, prds48gdus, clicking, ignitors, burners, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics