Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch DW shu43c02uc22 won't spray on wash cycle - sprays fine on rinse/hold?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scratchinmyhead

scratchinmyhead

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

I'm stumped.

I have a Bosch shu43c02uc22 that won't spray when it's in the wash cycle, but it sprays fine in the rinse/hold cycle.

I downloaded (and actually read) the "The Official Bosch Dishwasher Training & Repair Manual, 2nd Edition, Rev. 7"

as well as "Bosch Dishwasher Multi-Model Test Programs".

Both of these did not appear to have a diagnostic sequence that worked for my dishwasher (either different buttons or button press sequence did nothing), so I guess my first step is to find a model specific manual (already requested) and run a diagnostic to see if it can tell me what it believes the problem to be.

Here's what I know....

It fills

It drains

It heats

It sprays...sort of, sometimes

the Rinse/Hold seems to work (fills, sprays, drains)

when in the wash mode it fills and I believe it sprays for a couple of minutes (rinse first?) and then about 13 minutes in it seems to cycle through a number of different things every few seconds...like it is trying to do something but it didn't work so it tries something else, presumably to try to fix the problem, but that doesn't work so it tries the sequence again a few times and then just goes pretty much quiet.

Any clues?

BTW, this is an awesome site and I gladly paid the reasonable membership.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 scratchinmyhead

scratchinmyhead

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

UPDATE:

I think it has something to do with the second fill process. Either it thinks it is filled (bad switch, float stuck...etc.), the fill valve is faulty or the electronic controller is jacked.

Here is what happens.

Start wash cycle, it drains, it fills, it washes (actually I think this is a pre-wash rinse), it drains, it is supposed to fill now to start washing again but it doesn't.

At this point, the pump just whirs but no water is sprayed because it didn't fill.

If I open it and add water by hand, it will wash just like normal.

Any ideas...anyone?

It *always* fills the first time.

It *never* fills the second time.

Everything else works fine (heat, pump, etc...)

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Check your drain hose at the sink for a proper "gooseneck" that should prevent water from siphoning from the dishwasher during the wash cycle.

#4 scratchinmyhead

scratchinmyhead

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Drain hose is above the height of the dishwasher and is connected to an air gap device at the sink (like a vacuum breaker - required by code here).

This is a 5 (or so) year old machine. Nothing has changed from an installation perspective.

The weirdest thing is that it fills properly the first time in the cycle, but then after it drains, it doesn't re-fill again the second time.

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'm guessing that the unit is not leaking since the float switch isn't engaging the drain pump.  Could be some debris in the water inlet assy causing the switch to stick, which may limit the second fill.  Pull the unit and check the inlet/switch assy on the left.  Might just need a good cleaning.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Float assembly  Part number: AP3783242

Part number: AP3783242

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

After the first fill when it fills, as soon as it starts washing - immediately cancel the cycle so that it drains all the water out, then immediately start another cycle.  You may have to do this a couple times to catch it.

If it doesn't fill on the start of the new cycle then most likely a bad water valve, (coil breaking down as it heats up from use).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 scratchinmyhead

scratchinmyhead

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Willie. I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics