Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE jgbc20bea1wh broiler handle melted off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dewey68

Dewey68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Goose Island Honker's Ale

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

My broiler handle has melted off my oven.  I purchased a new one and mounted it, it also melted off.  Obviously it wasn't mounted correctly and still isn't.  I mounted it with the screws going all the way through the door and into the handle.  All of the spacers are missing, is this what keeps the heat from transferring from the screws into the plastic, or is there some other trick to properly mounting the handle.  My original I tried JB welding to fix, but it didn't take.  

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

There are  handle kits based on the color of the door handle.  I don't know if these solve the melting  issue, they were created for problems with attaching the handle to the door

White: Part number: AP2020898

Part number: AP2020898

Almond: Part number: AP2020899

Part number: AP2020899

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 08 March 2014 - 09:43 PM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 Dewey68

Dewey68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Goose Island Honker's Ale

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

That's actually the part I bought, it's just the handle.  I saw a video of a broiler handle being replaced.  2 of the screws went only through the outside of the broiler drawer, and the 2 others went completely through from the inside of the broiler to the handle. I'll try the same thing, putting the two inner screws only through the outer portion of the broiler drawer, and the outer two screws through the entire broiler drawer.  The two outer screws will hold the drawer halves and the insulation together.

I think I can make that work with some JB weld.  The mounts for the screws didn't melt as badly as the inner mounts did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics