Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Scotsman SCE275A-1G Refrigeration Error

blinks twice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

With the forum's help, I replaced the bin sensors last Summer. Over the winter, it stopped working again and had the refrigeration error blinking twice. I saw that it obviously needed a cleaning so I ran through the procedure using nickel safe ice machine cleaner. It worked for 2 months; then it shut down again with the refrigeration light blinking twice again.

Here's what I observed:

1. After the cleaning, I noticed there's still deposits on the surface of the evaporators. The water flow would jump off the surface on a few spots until I rubbed that area with my finger; then the water would hug the evaporator all the way to the bottom.

2. Yesterday, I cleared the 2 blink refrigeration error and restarted the machine. The sequence of events seemed right so I came back 40 minutes later. The machine was shut down on the same code again. The evaporator was warm(it went through harvest) and there wasn't any ice anywhere. 

3. I restarted the machine again and hung around this time. It went into harvest before any ice formed. As it was in harvest, I simulated ice falling by waving a screwdriver between the evaporators. This time, it went back to freeze mode but this time it made some ice, not all of the rear evaporator formed cubes. It harvested, then went back to freeze mode. That was all the time I had so I left, asking another volunteer to see if it stayed on.

My questions are: Can I use a soft brush on the evaporators and do the cleaning again? Do you think there's a refrigerant leak because it doesn't freeze the last part of the evaporator? Or is there something else going on? 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Okay, just one question: Does anybody advise against scrubbing the surface of the evaporators?

#3 krr1101

krr1101

IkkĊ-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

I have the same problem with a SCE506. I think I will try to clean the water level and the bin sensor with vinegar and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics