Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung refrigerator RF267AEBP/XAA not dispensing water

samsung water dispenser rf267aebp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prismtx

prismtx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:shiner bock

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

I recently replaced the ice maker on my refrigerator. It was dispensing water thru the door and making ice cubes. Now it has stopped dispensing water. I can hear the buzz of the pump when I depress the water dispensor but nothing come out. The water does flow into the icemaker. Do I need to replace the valve or is the line possibly frozen somewhere? If its the line, where do I find a diagram to show me its path?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

It's unlikely that line is frozen in the door but you can check.  Under the hinge cover should be a John Guest union that connects the line.  Remove the black clip, push in the flange and disconnect the line.  If you can blow air through, the line in the door is clear.

You can also check the cold water reservoir located in the fresh food section.  There is a heater in place to keep that tank from freezing.  It sounds like the valve is energizing but doesn't rule out a valve problem.   I suspect the problem may be found at the water tank.

#3 prismtx

prismtx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:shiner bock

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Thank you PDuff. You were correct. the line from the hinge was clear, but when I removed the water tanks, they were both frozen. I thawed them and will check to see if they freeze up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics