Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Eropolis

Kenmore Washer Leaking

5 posts in this topic

My front loading Kenmore washer is leaking. I took off the bottom panel to try and find where its leaking from and it seems as though the water is coming out of the drum directly behind the concrete counterweight then dripping down the backside of the weight. Im just wondering what couldve happened for this leak to occur. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... Kenmore

... Washer

... Counter Weight

... Leak

... Concrete

... Help

... Front Load

... model number ?

if it starts with a 417. (made by Frigidaire)

then you may be shopping for a new Washer

cracked Drum?

unless you can determine exactly where the leak is from

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

Well theres 3 bolts that connect the front counterweight to the drum and the middle of the 3 bolts seems to have worn a hole in the outer drum. Its a very small hole and I'm wonder if I can put silicone over the hole... I would also shorten the bold slightly to ensure this doesnt happen again

Whats the model number?

Model number is 11047532601. So the bolt has worn a hole in the drum where the counterweight connects to it in 2 of the 3 bolt locations. I dont really want to buy a new drum or a new washer. Could you recommend an adhesive or sealant possible to cover this hole with. They are quite small no more than half a inch wide and an eighth of a inch tall.