Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer Leaking

Leaking Kenmore Counter Weight Leak Concrete Help Front Load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eropolis

Eropolis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

My front loading Kenmore washer is leaking. I took off the bottom panel to try and find where its leaking from and it seems as though the water is coming out of the drum directly behind the concrete counterweight then dripping down the backside of the weight. Im just wondering what couldve happened for this leak to occur. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

... Kenmore
... Washer
... Counter Weight
... Leak
... Concrete
... Help
... Front Load

... model number ?
if it starts with a 417. (made by Frigidaire)
then you may be shopping for a new Washer
cracked Drum?
unless you can determine exactly where the leak is from

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 13 March 2014 - 10:29 AM.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Eropolis

Eropolis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Well theres 3 bolts that connect the front counterweight to the drum and the middle of the 3 bolts seems to have worn a hole in the outer drum. Its a very small hole and I'm wonder if I can put silicone over the hole... I would also shorten the bold slightly to ensure this doesnt happen again

#4 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

Whats the model number?

#5 Eropolis

Eropolis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Model number is 11047532601. So the bolt has worn a hole in the drum where the counterweight connects to it in 2 of the 3 bolt locations. I dont really want to buy a new drum or a new washer. Could you recommend an adhesive or sealant possible to cover this hole with. They are quite small no more than half a inch wide and an eighth of a inch tall. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leaking, Kenmore, Counter Weight, Leak, Concrete, Help, Front Load

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics