Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO D3251 Dishwasher

asko dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nursingguy

nursingguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:In Recovery

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hello:

Above model of dishwasher:

I am working on 2 of these dishwashers.

I put the first one into test for fault codes. LED L1 lights up. Complaint no heating, long cycle, bad cleaning. I will be checking the thermistor for resistance and the heating element. I understand that there is a thermal fuse on the heating element that my be bad. Also, if there is a thermistor problem, the heating cycle is cut out/passed over completely. Also there is no water going up to the upper spray arm. That spray arm has sat in the same position through 2 cycles

I put the second one into test mode for fault codes. The LED L1 and LED L6 light up. Same complaints as above. Looks like the same senario as above. Except, the LED 6 lighting up. According to the service manual this is a rinse aid area issue, but it references that is for the dw20.5 only, not these dw20.3 models. Also, the same upper spray arm has the same issues as the first machine.

Any thoughts gents?

Respect and thanks,

Mike   

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nursingguy

nursingguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Update:

According to the service manual, the Thermistor should read 25,000 (25K) ohms.

On both of the units I got reading of 17K to 19K ohms.

Is there that much wiggle room for thermistors? From the thermistors that I have looked over on other units, the short answer is no.

Also, the wash cycles complete themselves, i.e., initial drain, fill, wash/circulate, rinse etc., drain no problem. No error codes show up for those problems or parts.

Only thing still getting me is the unit with the L1 fault with the L6 lighting up as well. In the manual an L6 fault corresponds to a Rinse Aid issue but next to that reference in () it says 20.5.

The other unit has an L1 fault regarding temp increase sensing that appears to be right out of the manual.

Other issue with both unit is no upper spray arm involvement. I rotate them so they are pointing at my chest and at various intervals in the wash cycles I open the door and they are in the same place.

Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated. I am willing to donate to the beer fund.

Respect and thanks,

Mike

#3 nursingguy

nursingguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

So no one knows about ASKO? 

Any input would be appreciated..

MIke

#4 nursingguy

nursingguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Well..... I think the Asko saga is finally over.

When the customer got the repair estimate for both machines he started asking how much new ones were.

I emailed with him and was honest. I never try to push a repair and give scenarios on purchasing new units and the repair of the old ones.

I bet he will just get new ones. This is an Architecture Firm and they have wholesale contacts and can get good ones for good prices.

Nice diagnostic fees for me though for a couple hours of work.

I was looking forward to working on them though.

Respect and thank you,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics