Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Fnoti

Maytag neptune tl

12 posts in this topic

This is going to sound nuts but i saw you post on an appliance repair site and you really sounded knowledgable so i thought you might be able to help me.  I have a maytag neptune tl.  We had it at least 9 years with no trouble.  Around november it started double beeping and wiuld only let us was on delicates in cold.  It did this intermittingly.  Did research and thought it might be comtrol board.  Sent tbe control board out to be fixed by corecentric.  Get iy back works fine for a week then does same thing. Sent board back to them but in meantime got brsnd new board from maytag. I install it and all is well. Coresentric calls and says board is fine buin meantime got brsnd new board from maytag. I install it and all is well. Coresentric calls and says board is fine but they will refund the repair and just scrap that board since i have a new one and its working.  So today i go to do laundry and the washer goes onto the normal setting at hot and cold, wont let me wash any other way. I unplug it, plug back in, i can change settings but once i hit start it goes back to normal at hot/cold setting. Could it be the board again or would something else cause this to happen.  What else should i replace?  Im in central ny and good repair people are few and far between.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Frank

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A model number is required. Thanks

Fnoti, glad to see you found appliantology! It's the best forum around. I saw your email to my business the other day and glad you posted your problem here. This is a more appropriate place for me to help (and many others) with you living so far away from me. As Durham mentioned, post model number

true Scott, but we must require the poster to provide the correct full model number. There should be no gray area regarding this. The next poster could then ask "well why can't you find a model number for my Kenmore 800? We know the answer but why should we go through that? We are helping people for little to no cost. They can at least follow instructions.

Yup.  I deal with this every day.  Most of my customers call for service from work and they can't even remember what brand they have, yet they expect me to bring all the parts that could be the problem with me and then some people have a fit if I tell them  I need to order  the part.  I just love it.

The model number is FAV6800AWW and the serial number is 12136111ET.  I was out of town when I found this website and actually had to cut and past my comments from an email that I had saved and past to this board (which is why there are some spelling errors).  I did not have the model number information with me.  I just got back and was able to get those numbers.

I posted the model number but havent had any replies other than scott.  Should I assume its the touch panel and buy one of those?

I would bet it's your  touchpad.

Part number: AP4033649

Part number: AP4033649

Edited by Scottthewolf

Yep. I've changed a few of those. They can do some freaky things when they go bad.

Ok so I ordered one online (it is working).  Is this going to be a nightmare to swap out?  Anything I should be aware of?  I plan on taking my control board from my washer (since I know it to be brand new) and placing it in this touch pad and then installing the touchpad. I got the part (with a controlboard) for 55.00 so even if it doesnt work I dont feel like I would be out a ton of money.

55$??? Where? Any guarantee?

Sounds like an eBay or Amazon deal. Good luck.