Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Bccampbell

Maytag Washer MVWX700XL2 Won't Spin

9 posts in this topic

I'll start this off by saying I know basically nothing about repairing appliances. My washer is a little over a year old and big surprise that it is broken down now as the manufacture's warranty is only good for a year. Whenever you load up the washer and start it, it is supposed to sense how heavy the load is by spinning a little bit in each direction. Now when it goes to spin, it just clicks rappidly and does not spin. Does anyone have any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've also found there is a little bit of standing water in the bottom of the washer. Maybe an inch of water. Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

A little more information. I ran the drain & spin cycle and some of the water ran out of the bottom but when I move the drum around I can hear water slashing around below the drum. I took the drain hose off of it and about 1/2 quart of water came out. Now when I go to start a cycle it just give me a low hum. Thank in advance.

Basic troubleshooting dance on these VMWs:

1. Get the tech sheet from inside the washer cabinet

2. Put the control into diagnostic mode using the tech sheet

3. Retrieve the stored error code

4. Interpret the error code using the tech sheet 

These steps are all illustrated in this video:

Thank you. This was a huge help. Long story short I believe I have a clog in either my sump hose or in the tub below the basket. I can access the sump hose and tub by turning the washer on its side. The problem is that there is still water in the tub. Could I protenientally damage anything by turning the washer on its side with the tub still filled with water? If so, how do I get the water out? I tried running the drain and spin cycle and the pump turned on but it just timed our after 10 minutes and the water remained. Thank you again for your help.

try a wet dry vacumn, like a shop vac.  Try fishing a coat hanger down the side by the drain hole and see if you can snag whatever it is.  Most likely a sock or some such thing.  Get a garden hose and try to syphon out the water.  Turning it on it's side should not hurt, just be careful.  Be sure to unplug it.

Doc

I'm pretty sure these new VMW have a water/liquid filled balance ring in the spin basket.  Even with all the water out you will still hear water sloshing.

Fixed!! As a new homeowner who has never been a do it yourselfer, you guys were a huge help. I tipped the washer over and pulled off the pump and found the culprit. A pair of my wife's undergarments trapped right underneath the pump. I pulled them out and the washer is working great now. Doing a load of towels as I post this. Thanks again everyone for the help! I will keep this forum on my favorites from now on.

Good Job!  We like to hear about your success.  Thanks for sharing, it is why we do it.  Hope you have a lot more successful washes.  Have one for me! :pint1: well deserved

Doc