Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Washer MVWX700XL2 Won't Spin

MVWX700XL2 Washer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bccampbell

Bccampbell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

I'll start this off by saying I know basically nothing about repairing appliances. My washer is a little over a year old and big surprise that it is broken down now as the manufacture's warranty is only good for a year. Whenever you load up the washer and start it, it is supposed to sense how heavy the load is by spinning a little bit in each direction. Now when it goes to spin, it just clicks rappidly and does not spin. Does anyone have any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Bccampbell

Bccampbell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I've also found there is a little bit of standing water in the bottom of the washer. Maybe an inch of water. Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

#3 Bccampbell

Bccampbell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

A little more information. I ran the drain & spin cycle and some of the water ran out of the bottom but when I move the drum around I can hear water slashing around below the drum. I took the drain hose off of it and about 1/2 quart of water came out. Now when I go to start a cycle it just give me a low hum. Thank in advance.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Basic troubleshooting dance on these VMWs:

1. Get the tech sheet from inside the washer cabinet

2. Put the control into diagnostic mode using the tech sheet

3. Retrieve the stored error code

4. Interpret the error code using the tech sheet 

These steps are all illustrated in this video:

#5 Bccampbell

Bccampbell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Thank you. This was a huge help. Long story short I believe I have a clog in either my sump hose or in the tub below the basket. I can access the sump hose and tub by turning the washer on its side. The problem is that there is still water in the tub. Could I protenientally damage anything by turning the washer on its side with the tub still filled with water? If so, how do I get the water out? I tried running the drain and spin cycle and the pump turned on but it just timed our after 10 minutes and the water remained. Thank you again for your help.

#6 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

try a wet dry vacumn, like a shop vac.  Try fishing a coat hanger down the side by the drain hole and see if you can snag whatever it is.  Most likely a sock or some such thing.  Get a garden hose and try to syphon out the water.  Turning it on it's side should not hurt, just be careful.  Be sure to unplug it.

Doc

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

I'm pretty sure these new VMW have a water/liquid filled balance ring in the spin basket.  Even with all the water out you will still hear water sloshing.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 Bccampbell

Bccampbell

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Fixed!! As a new homeowner who has never been a do it yourselfer, you guys were a huge help. I tipped the washer over and pulled off the pump and found the culprit. A pair of my wife's undergarments trapped right underneath the pump. I pulled them out and the washer is working great now. Doing a load of towels as I post this. Thanks again everyone for the help! I will keep this forum on my favorites from now on.

#9 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Good Job!  We like to hear about your success.  Thanks for sharing, it is why we do it.  Hope you have a lot more successful washes.  Have one for me! :pint1: well deserved

Doc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MVWX700XL2, Washer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics