Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Chris Shearer Cooper

Can I replace the motor in the bathroom fan from below?

2 posts in this topic

I've got a Braun bathroom fan (model S80U) whose motor is making the most unpleasant sounds.  As it is 10+ years old, this is not surprising!

Can I replace the motor from the bathroom side (below)?  Or is this something that has to happen from the attic side (above)?

Thanks,

Chris

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

All service is done from inside the bathroom. Take the grille down and pretty self explanatory. Good news is likely be able to go to the local Home Depot and get a replacement motor. They have them on the shelf. you don't need to buy the whole set up. Easy job just take your time, be careful and as always be on the safe side and trip the breaker to kill power. Reverse polarity can be a bitch when not expecting it. So kill it first.

Good luck.