Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Can I replace the motor in the bathroom fan from below?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris Shearer Cooper

Chris Shearer Cooper

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

I've got a Braun bathroom fan (model S80U) whose motor is making the most unpleasant sounds.  As it is 10+ years old, this is not surprising!

Can I replace the motor from the bathroom side (below)?  Or is this something that has to happen from the attic side (above)?

Thanks,

Chris

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

All service is done from inside the bathroom. Take the grille down and pretty self explanatory. Good news is likely be able to go to the local Home Depot and get a replacement motor. They have them on the shelf. you don't need to buy the whole set up. Easy job just take your time, be careful and as always be on the safe side and trip the breaker to kill power. Reverse polarity can be a bitch when not expecting it. So kill it first.
Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics