Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

koobedo

Fisher & Paykel DD605 - high pitched whining noise

7 posts in this topic

My DD605 top drawer makes a high pitched noise during drain mode. Seems to drain fine and the rest of the program works fine too. Just this awful intermittent whining noise in drain mode. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Edited by koobedo

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Rotor. Provide the 5 digit - 1 Alpha Product code for the part number.

Don't use the machine again until you figure out if the pump is bad or is there something stuck in it. What would concern me however, is if the pump locks up all together, and it predates an in line fuse installation on one leg of the feed to pump, you will quite possibly take out your main control with the excessive current draw from a pump with a locked rotor. Happens often.

Just push the machine back. Locate pump and depress the release and twist I believe a 1/4 of a turn and the pump falls out. A $120.00 pump is affordable but if the control pops you just spent a least another $200.00

Edited by MA tech.

remove the rotor and check for any debris

check the rotor for delamination or seperation of the rotor

check the bottom one as well

check the 3 locating legs sometimes they bend in and run and make noise

if it looks ok put it in the bottom and test as they sometime will be noisy in 1 drawer and not the other

part is 524285p

Edited by J5

I'm sorry. I thought this was a clothes washer. My bad. Sorry for any confusion.

I guess the OP has already given up, no reply yet.

Thanks for the help Guys. Was out of town for a while hence the late reply.

I tried the rotor from the bottom drawer as suggested and put it in the top (this is one of the best things about having a Dish Drawer Dishwasher, you get to swap parts around and always keep at least one running). All good now. Just need to order a new rotor.