Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag mhwe500vp00 SUDS F35

SUDS F35 maytag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spiritfish

Spiritfish

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Avery Brewing Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale 10.2% ABV

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Moved from wrong forum...rookie mistake, sorry.

I apologize for bringing this up...I am sure there are other posts about this but could only find one in the search and it didn't help so here goes...

I have a washer that was sold "new" to me 2 years ago.  Unknown to me, it was built  in November of '08 but sat in a warehouse til I purchased it. It was worked fine for the two years that I have owned it but now has problems.  Started with the SUDS code followed by F35.  I found the video online and went through the diagnostic and ended up replacing the analog pressure sensor, cleaning the drain sump at the pump inlet, clearing all related hoses and checking all hoses and electrical fittings for proper attachment and leaks.  Everything worked fine...for about 2 weeks...then...the washer would go into SUDS error in the Delicate setting (I was getting in touch with my feminine side...who knew?).  I would empty the washer, drain and spin, run the diagnostic, reload and run in the Normal cycle with no problems.  Yesterday the Normal cycle gave me the SUDS followed by F35...I cleared the air line to the pressure sensor, checked electical and plumbing fittings, ran the diagnostic, reloaded...repeat.  Tried again and this time the Delicate mode works but Normal give the errors.  I spoke with Maytag...they didn't know what a F35 code was...they have no information or knowledge that it has ever been a problem with their products (yes, I said to Google it and be prepared for the flood to which they said "we don't do Google")  They did offer to have a repairman come out for $369.00 which effectively makes this a $1200.00 washing machine...a bit steep for me.  So any suggestions as to a "next step"?  Not to slight anyone here but these things seem like the only repairs made are parts replacements so I need to know what parts to replace if it is feasible...otherwise I will go back to the laundrymat and drink copious quantities of my Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

If it worked fine for 2 weeks and then started to act up its possible that the new sensor is faulty, i only ever had one that the pressure sensor did not fix the problem and replacing the ccu fixed the issue

#3 Spiritfish

Spiritfish

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Avery Brewing Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale 10.2% ABV

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

I accept that the new sensor might be bad...but I am curious (as grasshoppers should be) as to the intermittant and seemingly random symptoms?  If the sensor is bad why does it work in one mode one day and another or neither the next?  I understand that it is the nature of breakable things to be broken...

#4 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

http://appliantology...t-steam-washer/

I would be incline to you installing a bad pressure switch...    Have you tried running a load without any detergent in it?  Does the water have any suds in it?  Take a video or pictures to help us help you.

Thanks

MicaBay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SUDS, F35, maytag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics