Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Spiritfish

maytag mhwe500vp00 SUDS F35

4 posts in this topic

Moved from wrong forum...rookie mistake, sorry.

I apologize for bringing this up...I am sure there are other posts about this but could only find one in the search and it didn't help so here goes...

I have a washer that was sold "new" to me 2 years ago.  Unknown to me, it was built  in November of '08 but sat in a warehouse til I purchased it. It was worked fine for the two years that I have owned it but now has problems.  Started with the SUDS code followed by F35.  I found the video online and went through the diagnostic and ended up replacing the analog pressure sensor, cleaning the drain sump at the pump inlet, clearing all related hoses and checking all hoses and electrical fittings for proper attachment and leaks.  Everything worked fine...for about 2 weeks...then...the washer would go into SUDS error in the Delicate setting (I was getting in touch with my feminine side...who knew?).  I would empty the washer, drain and spin, run the diagnostic, reload and run in the Normal cycle with no problems.  Yesterday the Normal cycle gave me the SUDS followed by F35...I cleared the air line to the pressure sensor, checked electical and plumbing fittings, ran the diagnostic, reloaded...repeat.  Tried again and this time the Delicate mode works but Normal give the errors.  I spoke with Maytag...they didn't know what a F35 code was...they have no information or knowledge that it has ever been a problem with their products (yes, I said to Google it and be prepared for the flood to which they said "we don't do Google")  They did offer to have a repairman come out for $369.00 which effectively makes this a $1200.00 washing machine...a bit steep for me.  So any suggestions as to a "next step"?  Not to slight anyone here but these things seem like the only repairs made are parts replacements so I need to know what parts to replace if it is feasible...otherwise I will go back to the laundrymat and drink copious quantities of my Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If it worked fine for 2 weeks and then started to act up its possible that the new sensor is faulty, i only ever had one that the pressure sensor did not fix the problem and replacing the ccu fixed the issue

I accept that the new sensor might be bad...but I am curious (as grasshoppers should be) as to the intermittant and seemingly random symptoms?  If the sensor is bad why does it work in one mode one day and another or neither the next?  I understand that it is the nature of breakable things to be broken...

http://appliantology.org/topic/44854-troubleshooting-the-f35-sud-error-code-in-the-whirlpool-duet-steam-washer/

I would be incline to you installing a bad pressure switch...    Have you tried running a load without any detergent in it?  Does the water have any suds in it?  Take a video or pictures to help us help you.

Thanks

MicaBay