Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
dagrizz

Frigidaire LGUB2642LE ice buildup in refrigerator beneath ice bin

3 posts in this topic

I've got a Frigidaire LGUB2642LE that I'm working on that has ice buildup on the rear wall of the refrigerator beneath the ice bin. The unit itself is not supplied with water at this time, so I know it's not the ice maker overflowing or leaking.

I seem to recall there was a service bulletin releating to this issue at one time but I can't seem to find it. The closest I can come to is concerning the front cover not fitting correctly, which isn't releated to this issue that I can tell. If anyone could point me in the right direction or give me an answer as to what's causing this/what the solution is, I would appreciate it.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Part number: AP5272447

Part number: AP5272447

You may need to replace these gaskets. Air could be leaking around them causing moisture to collect.

Also you may want to verify that the drain behind the ice maker is clear. Which would require taking that whole ice box assembly down, and Frigidaire recommends changing those gaskets any time that area accessed anyway.

Also if there is any mastic on the refrigerant lines behind that ice maker it needs removed. Someone mentioned on an email I got in the PSA group that the refrigerant lines should also be pushed flat against the wall as much as possible. Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Thanks for the help. There was some small blockage in the drain that could be causing it that I found. Getting rid of that and then looking at the gaskets. Hopefully between the two this will solve the issue. Thanks again!