Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore side by side with electrical drain issue

Kenmore dimming hot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rturonek

rturonek

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Kenmore 106.9532580 side by side refridgerator that has worked well for 20 years.  Just the other day all the lights went out.  Thought it was the bulbs, checked and all were good.  Shortly kept getting warming even though turning down the thermostat until everything was warm.  Emptied it and then I pluged it in with the thermostat off and the light in the freezer worked.  Opened the fridge door and both lights got really dim (remember thermostat is off).  Shut the freezer door and lights got a lot brighter in the fridge area.  Fan is on and always running.  I used a different outlet (on another circuit) with no difference.  Seems like it is some kind of power regulator or conditioner issue?  Hate to dump a great fridge if it's something repairable.  First time having any issue at all with this.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

i would start at the power cord and trace it to the machine compartment. check all lines and connections. Check compressor amp draw if possible.

I have also seen icemakers cause similar problems. Disconnect your icemaker by unplugging its electrical connection.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 21 March 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 rturonek

rturonek

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Considering I never did unplug the ice maker, that is worth a try.  I can't see the plug or cord going bad, becase I have it strung up so it can't get pinched, but will look at that too!  Good suggestions thanks.  As for the compressor draw, the lights do the same think whether the thermostat is off or on.  I really like the icemaker thought!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics